Securing Metal detectors in the 4wd

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What have people found to be the best thing to use to secure metal detectors in the car... After ripping out all the rear seats of the 4wd im thinking of bolting in a box or something but curious to hear what others recommend bar the usual dog, maglight/hello stick and pepper spray on hand for when i cant keep an eye on things ie sleeping or going to the shops etc... :Y:

Keep them covered up, and any related equipment. I wrap them in an old blanket and throw any extra bits in a black plastic box, never had a problem even with them sitting on the backseat half the time (small car issues).

If you build a box make sure there's enough space to stow a few coils, headphones etc. Simplest way to stop someone taking something is to not show them you have it.

Check out Goldtruck59 's lockable boxes for securing valuables in vehicles :Y:. Look him up using the search icon and send him a PM.

I just made a post here and when I click on the thread my post has Gone, ??

Anyways you could bolts a Van Vault in there, they have hidden locks so they can't be got at.

bend said:
Keep them covered up, and any related equipment. I wrap them in an old blanket and throw any extra bits in a black plastic box, never had a problem even with them sitting on the backseat half the time (small car issues).

If you build a box make sure there's enough space to stow a few coils, headphones etc. Simplest way to stop someone taking something is to not show them you have it.

That includes stickers on windows for radio gear etc!

Keep the car in a total mess, the local thieves bypass messy cars, too hard to search through. Even make the car look like you are sleeping in it with piles of clothes in it, put the thought in their mind that you have nothing worth pinching. Ken.

Latest posts