Sealing pump fittings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marked

Mark
Reaction score
Might be a silly question, but do the cam-lock fittings require teflon tape on the pump threads to seal properly? Running out of time to prepare for the El-Dorado trip and may be assembling on-site, so want to make sure I have everything I need.

Cheers.

hey marked if you don't get time mate come look for a big dirty white gq patrol i'll have some in the back of the truck, always got spare camlocks tape and such. the large pink tape is the best for pressure pumps not the cheap white crap you use on polypipe. look forward to see you there mate

Not a fan of the white tape on anything...I tend to use the gasfitter's yellow on standard stuff, but I will certainly go look for the large pink in this case. Look forward to catching you there.

Teflon paste is better if you have metal on metal joints . Loctite Ltd make a good one #567 from memory

Avoid Teflon paste if you have any plastic fittings though - use tape on those coz Teflon paste can cause some plastics to become brittle or degrade

Don't confuse it with #577 which is used on high pressure hydraulics and is more expensive than 567

Latest posts