sdc5000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
gday all,

as you can see by the title of this post interesting things have been happening since the introduction of the evo and elite coils.
A few of us have noticed the reduction in the size of the gold we have been finding
we seem to be doing a lot more digging and the gold we find is in general smaller
in trying to nut this out it seems that digging ground noise and small targets slows us down therefore not covering as much ground
don't get me wrong I have found a few reasonable pieces but in general the pieces are smaller
on the weekend after prospecting for the morning I sat down with some mates and had a beer
we joked and said shouldn't drink any more otherwise you will be over .05.
we then weighed the gold I had found with my GPX 5000 with 12 " Evo coil on and you wont believe it .05 of a gram
you know what was really funny I never added to my tally so therefore never ended up over .05 !!!

I used my 11" Detech Ultra on the 5000 today and found the smallest lead shot I've ever detected. They sure are sensitive

Latest posts