School of the Air being axed in WA.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nightjar

Contributor Plus
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considered it done i come nth nsw between school of air and royal flying doctors they one of most important things out here one teachers u life and the saves life i will contact adrain picoilli minster education if his still doing it ,my family own 1 biggest winery in his home town Griffith nsw , so my family have some clout c how i go

Just submitted my objections as well and joined the list of people trying to stop this happening. Glad to help.

Pressed the 'send' button. Waiting, waiting ...

Am I supposed to put a stamp on it?

1513886820_waiting.jpg

Thanks to all who have signed, the momentum is growing, hopefully a positive outcome and common sense will prevail.
If anyone here is a member of any type of forum it would be appreciated if you copied and pasted the links to spread the word far and wide.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Some of my first schooling was via SOTA, great memories and probably more one of one than I ever recieved in normal schools.

I have a couple of SOTA teachers visit regularly who I take and teach detecting, two of the nicest and most dedicated people I know.
The station owners kids are all SOTA kids, excellent kids and smart little buggers too.

No way should this or can this be allowed to happen. Many parents out here just can't afford to pack thier kids up and send them off to boarding school. :N:

Received an email from Office of the Hon. Sue Ellery MLC
Minister for Education & Training
Thank you for your email dated 21 December 2017 regarding the Education budget
savings measures announced on 13 December 2017.
After serious consideration, the McGowan Government has decided to reverse a
number of the measures previously announced in an effort to strike the right balance
between responsible financial management and quality education services.
On 11 January 2018, Hon Mark McGowan MLA, Premier, and I announced that:
Schools of the Air will not close;
the 25% reduction to Gifted and Talented programs at 18 Western Australian
schools will be reversed;
intake into the Level 3 Classroom Teacher program will not be put on hold;
Northam Residential College will remain open; and
the Follow the Dream program will continue to receive Department of Education
:Y:

Latest posts