Saying Hello from N,east Victoria.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all.
I,ve been lurking a bit around here & decided that most / all of you are very positive in your postings unlike some other prospecting forums Ive seen in the past so I decided to make myself known.
I've been prospecting more or less since I was 8 years old and some kind hearted soul at sovernier hill showed me how to pan and salted my dish of dirt, I've been hooked ever since. :rolleyes:
I'm mostly into alluvial fossicking, & prospecting for hardrock primary deposits. Used to have a sd2200 but work got in the way of that too much so I sold it about five years ago.
I recently lost my job so I'm thinking about getting another machine and doing a bit more on the central vic goldfields. ;)
Looking forward to contributing to the forum.
Cheers from Jethro.

Jethro,
In hindsight i'd say out of any time during the year to not be working and wishing to spend more time in the great outdoors, you have chosen well! Maybe this way is a sign of fate! Happy Hunting Mate! I hope things work out well for you.
Cheers Happy Camper

Gedday there from up near the 'Pointy Bit' Jethro ... This is my first post for some time, so Gedday as well to all new members who've joined the forum over ther past couple of months or so!

Follow your passion and become a professional prospector Mate .. If you can find the ground and hold the faith you'll be OK.

Good Luck from the Digger.

Hi jethro, welcome to the forum and thank you for joining. It sounds like you have bit of experience so I am sure we can learn something from you. Good luck with your "new job". :)

G'Day and welcome to our home. As a new one myself, I look forward to learning everything from everyone lol, hungry for knowledge :)

Hey jethro, good to see so many new people hitting the forum. Times are getting harder on the job front, you never know when your job is safe anymore. At least you are your own boss when you are out prospecting. The Aussie way is to 'have a shot' so good luck mate. All the best, Rick

Hi Jethro, welcome to the forum. Was wondering where you were located?

Latest posts