Safety at night

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rocketaroo said:
see Ramjet, nite detecting is scarey! lol

Yep .... drop bears are dangerous.

http://australianmuseum.net.au/drop-bear

1437792950_fb_img_1437311048743.jpg

I do a bit of night and early morning fishing on Adelaide land based and never had an issue. Not sure about Perth, but some Adelaide beaches have horses/trainers out in the dark so I would have one ear open at least! These buggers don't have headlights either.

Week days are good too. As an ex backpacker sleeping on the perth beaches a couple years ago we'd park the van at the esplanade during week days and when friday night came round we'd move down a back street and sleep in the van. Still a chance of hoons about on week days but much less common. I've spent some time in South Africa too in my early 20's and have to say it's generally MUCH safer here in Australia!

I heard that in south africa you had to keep telling jokes at night otherwise you couldnt tell if you were being snuck up on.

I was out last night on the side of a small park with those little hills they make. It was dark, im dressed in black pulling some cash out of the ground. I stand up just as a jogger crested the hill. Scared the absolute shit out of him. Haha.

Latest posts