Sad day today for Aussie detectorists

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dwt said:
Now correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't similar rules apply to large gold nuggets found in Australia, I heard a whisper somewhere that they cannot be sold outside of our borders?
Not that I'll ever have to be concerned about it 8.(
I think ya have to have a permit or something, but it can be done. How many ebayers would have sold gold to os buyers I wonder? How many would even know they're not meant to sell gold to os buyers?

I've got some Aussie coins about 1939-43 mixed in with other older foreign coins. Might be nice to know sometime, what they are or the value. Kangaroos on the larger, think maybe old sailing ship on one type. Anyway, haven't got them out to look at in quite a while.

Hmmm if I understand what PabloP copied then I am unable to move my mother favourite chair? it is over 50 years old she is not an aboriginal, it is in Victoria and she has visited it many times and on occasions has settled in it to watch her favourite TV shows

PabloP said:
I downloaded a copy of the basic Victorian Heritage Act 1995,
Now fortunately this applies to what are "Registered Objects", but I couldn't find what is a registered object, or how it is defined, apart from lots of long review and approval verbage. How in the heck is Joe Bloe to understand what this means.
Rob.

a "registered object" means an object included in
the Heritage Register;

THE VICTORIAN HERITAGE REGISTER is in section 3 which starts on page 20, and reads just fine.
It explains what is in the register.

I'm officially hoarding all coins now.

On that note, I've picked up a round Gold 2016 50c coin from the mint as well as their set of twenty 50c 2016 coins.
Now I just need an original 1966 round 50c silver coin in mint/UNC condition and I will be happy.

nacho said:
I'm officially hoarding all coins now.

On that note, I've picked up a round Gold 2016 50c coin from the mint as well as their set of twenty 50c 2016 coins.
Now I just need an original 1966 round 50c silver coin in mint/UNC condition and I will be happy.

It will cost you a bit more than 50c, lol

Hey dwt, Oh that I should have a hassle with a large nugget.......hey any nugget would be good of unmeaningful size. But the large nuggets of yesteryear were some rocks. I've been collecting numbers for the really big gold rocks for a while now and the Large Nuggets of yesteryear have astonishing size. My list has only been collected over the last couple of months in my reading and only OVER 200ozs, and there about 20 or more on the list so far.

Latest posts