Running a signal booster on the SPP

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi guys,
wow this is a addictive hobby, I get one thing I want the next, is a signal booster worthwhile to run on the SPP?
was looking at the blyto's bonza booster, any good? or suggestions?
cheers

After utilising the stock speaker on the SPP, although quite loud, there were issues picking up faint changes in signals when treading through undergrowth or in windy conditions. I did try using under chin headphones, but prefer to not to have piped threshold hitting directly in my ears all day (still hearing threshold in my sleep).

Although not the cheapest option out there, especially for the more technically inclined wanting to have a go at building a small amp kit, the kit is pretty convenient and well built. The booster should hopefully prove much easier to live with than headphones, guess I will find out next trip to Vic. I know some guys run two speakers, though not sure how this would affect the longevity of the two on-board AAA batteries. Both the booster and speaker have mounting clips.

The booster was purchased from Nenad's ebay site.

1446651578_img_20151102_233357.jpg

1446651598_img_20151102_233501.jpg

Hows the booster going GP, have you had a chance to give it a test yet.
Also, Whats the Ebay site, can you post a link.
Thanks.

Thanks, have got you on my saved sellers list. Not sure if I will need something like the booster but its good to have the option if needed down the track a bit. I'm not a real fan of headphones & stuff myself either so a booster & speaker that I can mount closer to my head would be ok, plus I have some hearing loss so it would help with that too. Will see how things go.

Latest posts