Rockin Yobskin... Australian 1800s gold cradle pimped for 2015.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats the first time i enjoyed breaking down that horrible hard pack clay...it needs time to desolve .
It takes longer to do it by hand...and it doesnt fully break apart.
Clay balls with gold running down ya sluice...

Hi yobskin,

What a great unit :) was it expensive? thanks for sharing this pimped out gold cradle, I'm sure you'll get plenty of gold with it!!

Jim & Kerrie

Jim. said:
Hi yobskin,

What a great unit :) was it expensive? thanks for sharing this pimped out gold cradle, I'm sure you'll get plenty of gold with it!!

Jim & Kerrie

Hi mate

It was expensive for me...for thinking of it with no plans. ;)
But to remake it will be easy $750..delivered to nsw,vic and alike is about $110 delivery?. I took my 5year old boy down with me today and he loved rockin the life out of it..and it still caught all the gold...my tailings were clean again. So very happy. Its like reliving history its so simple. We had a ball.

Looks great!!!

Right from the word "go" I have been a little concerned with the amount of water flow, I know the material plays a large part in all of this, so I'm going with a 100lpm pump, what' been your experience??

By the way what are the mats in the long tray?????

Anyway, looks great and you had fun with your boy, what else can you ask for????? Ooops! a little yella stuff, probably :8 :8

Cheers

Bazz

Honestly Bazz its the rocking motion that clears the material out the water helps it as a fluid bed settling down the heavies. If theres to much water it washes it around to much to fast...
The mat is 1mm ripple ...
Every time ive used it i have found colour...at first i kept my tailings for testing....just to make sure it works.
And thanks im proud of it... ;)

Have you thought about attaching a hand pump using your rocker to pump the water?
Jon

I was thinking about this after watching your video last night. Theoretically, it should be possible to add a hand pump that pumps using the rocking action... The hose would need priming, if you're above the water, but it should work, and be totally legal in states such as Tassie where motorised gear is not allowed.

Hey Fellas,
It has a hand pump attached to it, awesome little unit.
Cheers
Brad....

Love this had a rocker years ago build for me by an old miner in Ballarat. Spewing I left it down on the Snowy when I moved.

Latest posts