Rocket launches LIVE.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta love the humour from SpaceX. The 2 recovery drone ships a re called "Of course I still love you" and "Just read the instructions. They are currently building a 3rd ship so they can land 2 side boosters from Falcon Heavy launches. Not sure what it will be called yet.

The ship to try catch the fairings is "Mr Steven."

These names are from a sci fi book....

"'Just Read the Instructions' and 'Of Course I Still Love You' are two of the sentient, planet-sized Culture starships which first appear in Banks' 'The Player of Games,'"

The latest bit of humour is the zone that Mr Steven sails in while waiting for the fairing to return from it's sub orbital journey. The target zone is called..... "You're mum's house." :D

HippyProspecting said:
Here is a comedic rocket launch for you ramjet.
Mad mike doesn't believe in science and is out to prove the earth is flat :lol:
The launch is in the link
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www...n-homemade-rocket-to-prove-earth-is-flat/amp/

Haha. Thanks Hippy. As with most things space related, I watched Mike's launch live. Full respect to Mike for having the gonads to attempt a rocket launch. It really was a bit underwhelming and I worried about his back injuries. Still.... he added zero knowledge to the flat earth garbage. I hope he builds a bigger and better rocket.
LOL. He understands trajectory, thrust, power to weight ratios etc but does not believe in science. LOL

Yeah, good on him for trying.
If he does get higher on his next attemp, i wonder if he will believes his own eyes when he doesn't see the giant ice wall or will he say the government have planted a projector inside his head ;)

HippyProspecting said:
Yeah, good on him for trying.
If he does get higher on his next attemp, i wonder if he will believes his own eyes when he doesn't see the giant ice wall or will he say the government have planted a projector inside his head ;)

OMG Not another Flathead????

madtuna said:
Please do RJ.
One of the most memorable places Ive ever been to was Cape Canaveral to watch a shuttle launch.
The place itself is amazing and if anyone ever had doubt man actually landed on the moon this place will surely change your mind.

I am sure later missions probably did get to the moon , but the first one.... they HAD to beat the Russians . Lol

HeadsUp said:
madtuna said:
Please do RJ.
One of the most memorable places Ive ever been to was Cape Canaveral to watch a shuttle launch.
The place itself is amazing and if anyone ever had doubt man actually landed on the moon this place will surely change your mind.

I am sure later missions probably did get to the moon , but the first one.... they HAD to beat the Russians . Lol

are you sure you're sure? Cause I'm a bit unsure if you're actually sure :D

"How are the Russians going to get humans through the van Allen belts without them being microwaved to a medium rare steak ?
Its what prevented America ever getting to the moon.
Maybe Russia will have to borrow the stage set used by yanks to fake the moon landing videos ?"

HeadsUp said:
madtuna said:
Please do RJ.

MMMM... I know the yanks lie but after all the reading I have done I believe in Apollo. The Ruskies already had so many milestones... first satellite, firrst human in space, first woman in space, first object on the moon......

Ramjet said:
HeadsUp said:
madtuna said:
Please do RJ.

MMMM... I know the yanks lie but after all the reading I have done I believe in Apollo. The Ruskies already had so many milestones... first satellite, firrst human in space, first woman in space, first object on the moon......

There is a lot of crepe on YouTube but if you dig around for videos / documentaries on Apollo there are a few that highlight details which to me , establish a very credible case that the first one was faked.

Dont wish to start an argument or anything :D

Conspiracy isnt my thing , I much prefer watching how it was built engineering stuff on YouTube any day.

Ramjet said:
HeadsUp said:
Jaros said:
madtuna said:
HeadsUp said:
How are the Russians going to get humans through the van Allen belts without them being microwaved to a medium rare steak ?

Its what prevented America ever getting to the moon.

Maybe Russia will have to borrow the stage set used by yanks to fake the moon landing videos ?
The beauty of Hubble and some of these new scopes and orbiters etc is we can now see decent footage of the lunar rover plus its tracks as well as other left overs from the landings.

When I was in Hawaii with the 1st wife we drove up Mt. Haleakala altitude 11,000ft the tourist people stated that the Americans actually trained in the crater for moon landing. You could easily see why with the landscape inside the crater being so desolate.

I wonder if they did much filming during training ?

Before the first lunar mission the US sent Buzz Aldrin to the Antarctic to recover the largest specimens of meteorites they could find (they would most closely resemble the composition of the moon) , this of course being purely for research purposes despite Aldrin being flat out in training , it was felt more important that they recover some meteorites moon rocks before the mission to the moon...

I could never fathom how the film taken of the moon landings shows no crater underneath the rocket motor , no ejected dust on the gold sheet covering the landing legs , and when the capsule launched from the surface of the moon , how is it that a camera on the moons surface is able to pan upwards to follow its path without a cameraman guiding it... O:)

I have been watching many old Nasa/space launch videos on Youtube. Some really interesting facts I didn't know about. You can see shows made at the time about all the different missions leading up to Apollo. Gemini, Ranger, Mercury missions etc etc. All very interesting. Maybe I should make up a playlist.

That would be interesting, I have followed the progress of space exploration closely since about the mid sixties including all the prep flights for the moon landing so have probably seen most of the footage but would gladly sit through it all again.
Watching a launch is on my bucket list, I have been to Orlando but the timing was wrong, maybe I will get to see an Aussie launch.
Plenty of people doubt the Yanks actually landed on the moon in 69 but there is more than enough evidence to prove that they did. The Americans were keeping a close eye on the Russians at the time and were well aware of their failed attempt at a landing, I am sure the Russians were watching the Yanks just as closely and would have told the world if it was a hoax.

Sorry Headsup...I gotta disagree respectfully. Apollo 11 happened. Man walked on the moon. I have watched most of the lead up missions. Gemini, Mercury, Ranger missions etc. The technology of the time and the processes to arrive at Apollo missions seems consistent to me. The huge amount of problems to overcome and the step by step methods used by NASA do not seem unfeasible to me. PLUS... I WANT to believe it happened. Oh Schweppes.... I may have shot myself in the foot there. LOL

I do love you conspiracy theories guys - you really come up with some good ones, but I did watch Armstrong walk on the moon in school. The Dish at Parkes (Australian) filmed it. The van Allen belt was no problem with appropriate shielding. Bejeezus guys, get into today. Elon Musk is sending stuff then people to Mars (forget the moon). Is that a whole lot of bunk too? Get real (and up to date).

Interesting times ahead. SpaceX are lifting the cadence of launches and the final version of the Falcon 9, (Block 5) will be launched this month. The earlier versions have been flown only twice max but the block 5 is set to launch 10 times with minimal refurbishment between flights and could launch up to 100 times each.

In recent launches they have "soft landed" the first stage in the ocean to collect data. All very valuable for future flights. They have been experimenting with re entering the atmosphere at different angles and speeds to try reduce the amount of fuel used for landings. This will give more power to lift heavier loads into LEO.

An article on SpaceX re usability
https://www.cnet.com/news/spacex-block-5-falcon-9-rocket-hopes-to-reuse-100-times/

In other launch news... The Rocketlab's, Electron will have it's first fully commercial launch, (it's business time}, some time in April. Gotta love the naming of some missions.

A couple of flights today. ESA launched an Ariane 5 with DSN-1/Superbird-8 & HYLAS 4 satellites on board from the Ariane Launch Complex No. 3 (ELA 3) at Guiana Space Centre. At lift off she weighs over 700 ton and the 2 side boosters are doing 90% of the work, burning through 5 tonnes of fuel per second.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/fdvAZgEu8W8[/video]

The 2nd flight was not actually a rocket launch but VSS Unity, Virgin Galactics second SpaceShipTwo, successfully completed its first supersonic, rocket-powered flight test. It reached supersonic speeds at mach 1.87. Great to see +this success after the tragic loss of the first Spaceship two about 3 years ago.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/yiDGYCOI4vM[/video]

Latest posts