Researching original source documents

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For the research crew out there - here is one of the many issues tracking down original source documents. These are all from one report from Dunolly to the Mines Dept, dealing with quartz reefs, results, locations, etc and comments. These can take hours to decipher!!

Not too bad - tells me who it's from, date and to who.

1409729236_11.jpg

Tells me what its about

1409729292_12.jpg

Ok then - deciphering time.

1409729305_13.jpg

That fellow must be related to my doctor... :eek:. Seriously though, some really old original writings and records can unveil information not always available to the lay man. Can make a big difference on results in certain areas.

Just a possibility .... is there a chance that this info would be/could be the rough draft info that would have gone into the printed version of the Mining Registrars Report, can't recall but think they came out quarterly (?) a couple of editions after that date may hold some info.
Just a guess but ?????
Cheers Tom.

Bit of a scrawl ... handwriting from the period is usually nice and flowing, artistic almost .. this bloke was as Wal said obviously a doctor/quack.

Latest posts