Reebok Rapid Response 6 Inch

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just received these boots today, they feel like runners on your feet very comfortable. 100% metal free, Zipper side and they are a combat boot so very well made and a good rubber sole for digging foot holes. Haven't used them in anger yet but will really test them out come end of March early April. They get really good reviews for being bullet proof and very rugged.
1456387126_20160225_175137.jpg
1456387174_20160225_175153.jpg

Mrs Redfin and I both have these boots, absolutely awesome and metal free.

1456440296_capture.jpg

I also have a pair of redbacks , metal free, for $90.
I know which ones I prefer to wear when out in the scrub on uneven ground etc.
You get what you pay for.

My Australian made metal free Olivers AT's were near half that price (although they are around $140 now) & the most comfortable boot I've worn. Now over 12 months old & other than scuff marks from boot scraping they are showing no signs of needing replacing any time soon.
Agree with Redfin that for me paying a bit more for good ankle support on uneven ground is a must. Those Reeboks do look comfortable too. Can't beat a good, comfortable pair of high lace ups for extra support IMO.
1456447036_45-645.jpg

1456447064_45-632.jpg

mbasko said:
My Australian made metal free Olivers AT's were near half that price (although they are around $140 now) & the most comfortable boot I've worn. Now over 12 months old & other than scuff marks from boot scraping they are showing no signs of needing replacing any time soon.
Agree with Redfin that for me paying a bit more for good ankle support on uneven ground is a must. Those Reeboks do look comfortable too. Can't beat a good, comfortable pair of high lace ups for extra support IMO.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4485/1456447036_45-645.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4485/1456447064_45-632.jpg

So they eyes for the shoelaces are not metal on the oliver boots?

Cheers

Yeah I just chucked my Oliver AT's in the bin after about 12 months they got used and abused though, my only problem with them is they feel like a work boot on your feet. I have to do lots of K's on foot for my gold and these Reebok truly do feel like a pair of runners on your feet and weight alot less than the Olivers as they are designed as a combat boot. Time will tell though whether they can stand up to detecting as I dig alot with my feet.

Definitely rate the oliver boots, iv got the black pair pictured above.. good boots for detecting, comfortable metal free and the soles are great for boot scraping. The reeboks do look comfortable tho too :)

Those Reeboks have been similar styled to the Adidas GSG 9 military boot , bout the same price too at around the $220 mark to your door , though with the GSG 9's can go either the higher upper or lower type basketball boot type option .

Good boots , can get them in Black or Tan .

At the moment I'm going bush in the Adidas Kumacross , gortex waterproof membrane , and continental tyre rubber sole , grippiest most comfortable boots ive ever owned .

Bought mainly to go hunting in in the colder months.

Latest posts