Rato pump

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowflow

Barry
Reaction score
I purchased a 3hp rato pump from Gavin in Victoria & used at Elderodo for the first time. It worked well suppling plenty of water just above idle, runs much quieter than my previous pump & give no problems the entire week. gavin was a pleasure to deal with.

I have no association with the company or Gavin other than as a customer. Seems like a good supplier. google Rato pumps to check what he has.
Barry

Only run mine once so far but went like a champ and as slowflow said, i also found gavin great to deal with and the package a bargin.
Rod

I can attest that SlowFlow's pump purred at Eldorado - was possibly the quietest pump in use on the weekend (of the petrol pumps :p )

Thats great news...i was wondering how they go being from china. I need a pump pronto... :D just got me header box yesturday. I also been told lay flat hoses are terrible to use...cant go round bends and kink somtimes when incline is steeper than 45. Is this true??. So technical. 8.(

Yobskin have a look https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7872&p=11. Most people run a short section of suction hose before the sluice so it can bend easily without kinks. layflat kinks however you can usually organise a straight run from the pump & minimise kinks. If you have a reducer at the sluice, increase pump RPM a little & the resulting pressure will minimise any kinking.

Convoluted hose = flow restriction
suction hose = weight and is difficult to pack
layflat = kinks (resolvable) packs well.

All hose reduces flow through its length therefore it is best to have pump output size to the sluice & restrict there.

My observation is that most use layflat from the pump. hope this helps

Latest posts