Rare coins start when

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once it has been in the Ground etc not many if any would make VG

Unless it is very collectable and or has an obvious MINT error - any thing found in the ground is just worth melt value. :)

Some may get a little bit and more so if some one is missing one from a collection - but forget the big dollars....

Even a 1930 penny if found in the ground is not going to get the TOP dollar. A hard core collector and others will pay to have it, but the true big bucks is if it in good condition and was found in some ones collection or bag of old coins...

PS. On Scam Bay there are lots of sellers that post RARE etc yet they have lots of them and many are PDM and or the error in manufactured. More and more are getting caught with dirty coins and older coins coming back into circulation...

Yep us detector people are returning dirty coins :cool:

I have seen posts on Coin pages as to RARE pink 20 cent and other colours...

Bugger, too long in the cleaning solution and I forgot to check for any coppers :) Let alone the silvers I clean with battery acid LOL...

1466495952_27199172764_4d01c9555c_m.jpg

after a night in olive oil, will leave for a week i think

Looks a little toasted unfortunately, the big blobs of oxidation will end up leaving large pits in the coin surface if removed, and if left on the coin, it will only become further oxidised. I'd be inclined to just let it soak for a bit longer to remove as much of the oxidation as possible, and then keep it as a keepsake, or for your own collection (as I have done). Give it another decade or so, and people may want to pay good money for a 1925, even in rough condition. :)

You will still get some money on ebay around $75 - $125 I reckon as a guide.

Otherwise keep for your collection it is a coin most average collectors do not have.

Yeah i was thinking the same, keep it as a keeper!
So should i do the vinegar / salt solution? I did that with the 1c 2c i found on the same day! (They have come up really good) or keep going with the olive oil!.
Cheers

No, never ,.... try it on a similar crap coin and check out the damage with a loupe. 8) :eek:

Latest posts