Race track day 2

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Another great day at the track most money I have ever made at the races
70 more pre decimals today makes the total for 2 days:
20x one penny
14x half penny
8x florin
17x shilling
25x sixpence
63x threepence

1394771110_image.jpg

Pretty stoked can't wait to get back there again!!!!!!

Holy geez, gotta find myself a racetrack! Seems rare to find a "virgin" area these days, but you seemed to have stumbled across one, well done, and yes, I'm jealous! :)

That is just a seriously WTF type of post! Welldone on one of the best hauls ive seen on this forum

Great work Alfie.
For those blokes near Bowral NSW I remember a place where they held the Bong Bong Cup, maybe that would be worth a look.
Can't wait to get my AT Gold in the next few weeks.
Cheers
Mackka

hi all,
I couldn't let alfie take all the credit for this massive haul so I thought I would join the forum.
me and my Garrett at pro deserve some recognition. ;) I will be back at the racecourse tomorrow and will add some more pics.
the coins showed no signs of slowing down when we left today. there were targets every 2 feet in places. unbelievable. :D

Would anyone have a ruff estimate on the value I don't know much about coins I just like digging them up

There are a couple of ways to value them - scrap value and numismatic value.

Scrap value is easy to calculate - silver coins were 50% silver from 46-64 generally speaking and 92% silver older than 1946.

Sort them by date and place them on a scale to get weights at 50% silver and 92% silver. Silver is approx $23 per Oz and there are 31 grams in a Troy ounce so about 75 cents a gram for 999 pure silver - .68 per gram for 92% and .37 per gram of 50%

The other way is value to a collector - and condition is everything but you might find a key date that is worth some $$$ more than an average date coin. As these were in the ground and collectors don't want coins which have been cleaned it pays to check the dates before "cleaning them up"

I reckon they are worth more to keep them considering the time invested and cost of equipment vs the $100 for scrap you might get.

Latest posts