R.I.P.Bert Newton

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolute respect.So quick witted was Bert.An absolute legend.Now Don,Graham and Bert will be back together,plenty of laughs in Heaven tonight.R.I.P Albert Watson Newton AM MBE.

G'day

RIP Bert, grew up watching you, graeme and don on tv and like them you will be well missed by all, I was saying to the missus just the other day that in the last few years so many well known icons have gone to god, its like a saying I heard, the older I get the more dead people I know, as many of the icons we know who entertained us over the years are all very senior now so I suppose many more will pass in the next few years as well, makes you feel a bit older yourself when it happens. :awful:

cheers

stayyerAU

Adrian ss said:
Bert Newton, Graham kennnedy, Brian Henderson, ...They laid the foundations of TV in Australia and we will unfortunately not see the likes of them again, RIP Bert

And also Bobby Limb, Don Lane.

StayyerAU said:
G'day

RIP Bert, grew up watching you, graeme and don on tv and like them you will be well missed by all, I was saying to the missus just the other day that in the last few years so many well known icons have gone to god, its like a saying I heard, the older I get the more dead people I know, as many of the icons we know who entertained us over the years are all very senior now so I suppose many more will pass in the next few years as well, makes you feel a bit older yourself when it happens. :awful:

cheers

stayyerAU

When my dad was alive he used to tell me " Son, you know your getting old when your hand me downs are coming from the dead"

Latest posts