Quick detect before work

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beach detecting addict

Robert Griffiths
Reaction score
This morning I went for a quick swing before work, was on arvo so I thought that I would try a different park near home. The going was good as I ended up with $30.71 in 2.5 hours,I also found a match box car, and a little green monster that was guarding a pair of penny's. It was my first pre-decimal coin spill that I have found and they were in a bad way, one was a roo penny year 1948 (I think) the other coin was too corroded to read.

I always pop my targets with a screw driver and garrett pro pointer, as it is almost impossible to see where I have been. However today I actually cut my first plug in along time
I felt bad about it but the ground was so wet I doubt it will be a problem.
coins found,

x12 $2 coins
x5 $1 coins
x1 50cent coin
x6 20cent coin
x1 1 cent coin
x2 penny's

1401715500_dsc04288.jpg

cheers Rob

Great going for 2.5 hrs, and a couple of pennies to top it off, well done. :)

Wish I could say the same for my detecting at the moment, very slow going. :/

Thanks GP and SL it doesn't always happen that I find enough to make double figures. I was over the moon when I found the penny's they read 83 on the garrett at pro so I had an idea what they were. ;)
cheers Rob

Nice work , I've got an AT pro also , the penny's can read between 83 to 87 in my experience .. Have dug a few jumpy targets that turn out to be coins on an angle

Thanks Rickd mate I love the at pro, I started with the ace 350 which is also a good machine. But I got sick of digging bottle caps thinking that I had found a gold coin only to be disappointed when I dug up junk, the at pro solved that problem though.
cheers Rob

Latest posts