Pump cost

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowflow

Barry
Reaction score
Just looking at wx15 honda which is in excess of $800 here, in the US it is >$500. :rolleyes: Just saw NZ prices, poor buggers!!
Any advice on where to buy better than 800?
Thanks.

camden mowers charged me $ 750 but i recall recently seeing one for 699 + gst . cant remember where :/

go through all the honda dealers and get a price off all the buggas . you might save $ 100

Slowflow, mate check out the Rato pumps. The Aussie Manager is being very competitive with pricing. They are based over in WA, but even with shipping, the prices are very good. I can't say that they are of Honda standard, but they are better than the usual Chinese junk. Although I haven't had a chance to really test mine properly- so far it seems really good. Will be putting it thru its paces (properly) over the next couple of weeks. I'll post some pic's of everything soon.
The guys name is Ben Parry- very helpful guy (Rato Australia)- google will bring them up straight away. When I bought mine I mentioned that I was part of a Prospecting Forum & that I would mention it to everyone- he said "well if anyone from the Forum rings up tell them to mention that fact & he will look after them......" Can't hurt to see what he can offer you.

BumbleB :)

Have you looked at the 1" tanaka pump, good engine, tend to last for ever, about the same specs as the honda, but about $200 less in price

I know some on here have said good things about the little Genquip pump (4-Stroke, 2.5HP, 12kg, 200L/m, 29m Total Head) which goes for $299 (not including shipping). However looking at the little pump that Rato Australia have (thanks BumbleB) - it has similar specs and only goes for $178 (not including shipping).

Has anyone else had experience with the Rato pump? Was looking at getting the Genquip one but if the Rato pump is as good I figure I might as well save a 100 bucks... any thoughts?

It funny the rato pump is an exact copy of the Honda WX15 wet end , and claims to have a half horsepower more . yet it only pumps to 16 m head versus the Honda's 40 metres

Wotsamantudu ?

Good catch there HeadsUp - didn't notice the low head on that pump... thinking maybe the Genquip still probably the safest option as far as cheap alternatives go.

HeadsUp said:
It funny the rato pump is an exact copy of the Honda WX15 wet end , and claims to have a half horsepower more . yet it only pumps to 16 m head versus the Honda's 40 metres

Wotsamantudu ?

Yeah mate I did notice that discrepancy on the spec's- not being mechanically minded I cant really comment or offer an explanation. Something to ask Ben Parry (Rato Aust) if anyone is talking to him I guess.
I don't think that they are saying that the Rato pumps are as good as the Honda's, even if they are a copy. I would be very surprised if they were as good, but I would say that they are definitely better than the usual Chinese rubbish (ebay special) that is out there. Atleast you have an Australian office that can deal with a problem if it arises, rather than hope that the ebay site you purchased it from is still up & running, or is prepared to help you.
Again, I am wary of endorsing the Rato pumps completely at this stage because I just haven't given it a solid hit out yet, but with the couple of test runs it seems to work great. If I had the $800 to spend, I would have got a Honda, but I didn't so it became a case of; do I buy a pump that is almost certainly rubbish & hope it gives me a reasonable life, or do I spend a touch more & by a Rato pump that has an Aussie based supplier with a replacement policy, that will probably give me a better life?? For me the answer was obvious. Still a bit of a gamble, but anything other than a Honda quality was going to be a gamble anyway......

BB :)

Hi guys. I am a sponsor of the Prospecting Australia website.

If you're in the eastern states I am the Victorian distributor for Rato Australia.

I can also freight any of my products to anywhere. Contact me for a quote for any pumps, hoses, valves and fittings for your prospecting requirements.

I also do weekend markets in Ballarat, Maryborough, Talbot, Wallan, Bacchus Marsh etc so I may well be in your area soon.

Latest posts