Prospecting / Miners pick information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ag Man said:
spikegold said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4087/1424923195_image.jpgToday was cut short with a pick blow out, Walco pick has been amazing but price tag sucks. Off to bunnings :)

Just weld it up.

if you don't weld, a workshop should only charge you $10 to do it

Thanks ag man, this pick has taken a beaten and been sharpened and re sharpened a few times. May only get a couple more out of it, so replacement it is. Good advise all the same :)

Will go the long hart pick for me as I don't need to carry it with detector on journeys ATM, only used for going deep through hard ground. It's the heavy duty Walco that I like but $$$

Magilla said:
I was checking out the digging tools at Bunnings the other day and came across the range of "Hart" picks. The 2.2 KG model looks like it could do some serious damage especially if the fiberglass handle was replaced with a good wooden one. Has anybody had anything to do with them?
http://www.bunnings.com.au/hart-2-2kg-mattock-pick_p3360343

I use the big one with the pick part on one end and the mattock part on the other for tunnelling by hand and digging tunnel entrances out I find it great when detecting too cos its dead easy to dig a decent hole in no time

Hey RR
Have you thought of looking at the picks Nenad sells through the forum?
I dont quite know how to link his post but look up Phase Tech.
In my opinion they look like the real deal
Cheers
ChrisM

ChrisM said:
Hey RR
Have you thought of looking at the picks Nenad sells through the forum?
I dont quite know how to link his post but look up Phase Tech.
In my opinion they look like the real deal
Cheers
ChrisM

Thanks Chris I will try That and see what comes up,

John

Hi Ridge have a look at my post under "prospecting equipment"

"When I find something GREAT I like to share it. A Great Gold PICKs."

Really are great value for money.

Good Hunting
The ZakMan

Popular ones used are Walco picks.

I own one and they do the job and they are not
Expensive.

Edit - just re read your post. If you email goldsearch
about post they might Send you one.

These are really well priced picks.

Don't need to get technical with a pick.

Wolfau said:

Expensive.

I will send them an email see what they say, As I just find anything remotely Similar,

Thanks Wolfy,, John

Ridge Runner said:
Wolfau said:

Expensive.

I will send them an email see what they say, As I just find anything remotely Similar,

Thanks Wolfy,, John

No worrries they make an awesome pick.

Depends which one you choose not too heavy
And not too light and should last a long time.

They guys at Goldsearch or Coiktek in
maryborough should help you out.

Good luck with it.

Hi all just thought I would tell you about a pick i found at Bunnins made by hart $40 good heavy steel fiberglass handle but easy to carry on a belt hook they have its big brother there too.

After searching high and low I still have not got a good Quality Pick, the one I have got my mind set on is this One, because it has flat side which help get all the spoils out of the hole and it seems to be the standard In OZ so it has to be good,

http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/...he-tools-trowels-shovel/large-walco-pick.html

The more I search the more wound up I get, I have so much trouble finding stuff and If I do find Anything then Price fixing puts it out of reach or they tell you they can get it and then they say its not in stock,

Hi RR
Looks good though! I'm also a shocker at making up my mind on things I'm looking at buying as i end up looking at so many reviews and the cons n pro then the price lol oh well can't say were not well informed on what were looking at just over think things sometimes. I'm also looking for a nice pick but might just wait a little longer to see what you get n what your thoughts are on it lol.
Let us know what you end up going for.

Cheers

Latest posts