Inglewood Victoria information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HoudiniHarry said:
Oh forgot to mention prospectors do not give out X marks the spot for gold.
Research and more research is the way to go. Loads of books on gold arears as well as google gold in Inglewood.

Sorry to disappoint.

Cheers

Not after anyone's secret spot just after some directions to where there's some mullock heaps for my daughter to have a go with a borrowed detector for a couple of days

Hi No eye deer,
If you know Tarnagulla then head out of town to wards Dunolly and on the left hand side is Old Laanecoorie track, anywhere between that track and the next main turn off on the left Tarnagulla - Laanecoorie Rd. There are plenty of old working for you to test out on.
Be very careful of very deep shafts and supervise at all times children are more precious then gold.
Cheers db

deepblue said:
Hi No eye deer,
If you know Tarnagulla then head out of town to wards Dunolly and on the left hand side is Old Laanecoorie track, anywhere between that track and the next main turn off on the left Tarnagulla - Laanecoorie Rd. There are plenty of old working for you to test out on.
Be very careful of very deep shafts and supervise at all times children are more precious then gold.
Cheers db

Thanks that's all I was after

No problems if you want more spots just ask, Inglewood is a hard place for the monster as there are lots of hot rocks that will drive you crazy.
cheers db

hi everyone just got back from inglewood,had alook around stopers gully lots of diggings but tell you what thats wild country to detect in, my gm1000 screamed all day til i backed sens down to 6-7 and seemed to quieten down. dug a lot of lead and had look down big timbers track

hi everyone just got back from inglewood,had alook around stopers gully lots of diggings but tell you what thats wild country to detect in, my gm1000 screamed all day til i backed sens down to 6-7 and seemed to quieten down. dug a lot of lead and had look down big timbers track
No fun with a VLF, that's for sure. A pretty good area to get lost in too!
Better luck next time anyway, mate. 👍

Back in July 1982, Inglewood was the first Victorian goldfield I ever saw and I was 100% lost and totally confused by it! Perhaps not as much though as the Pommie backpacker I found scratching around at the bottom of a recently-excavated pit. When I asked what he was doing, he said he'd been drinking in the pub the night before and one of the locals had told him there was always some gold still to find, as the oldtimers never got the last ounce. He'd taken that casual remark literally and explained to me that he was looking for 'the last ounce'! 🤭

Back in July 1982, Inglewood was the first Victorian goldfield I ever saw and I was 100% lost and totally confused by it! Perhaps not as much though as the Pommie backpacker I found scratching around at the bottom of a recently-excavated pit. When I asked what he was doing, he said he'd been drinking in the pub the night before and one of the locals had told him there was always some gold still to find, as the oldtimers never got the last ounce. He'd taken that casual remark literally and explained to me that he was looking for 'the last ounce'! 🤭

Latest posts