Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love AHG's....But I do realize when watching that of course some things may be "overdone" to create drama.....TBH if the show was an hour of watching someone swinging a detector and, more likely than not, just finding some tin foil, old staples and some old rusty nails, then it would be a rather boring hour of TV!!
I would assume they film hours and hours of useless footage and only show the gold finds....after all, who really wants to see someone dig a hole for another bullet?
A case in point was the 30 minutes or so in ep 2 of loading the English blokes machine onto the truck....in reality it probably was never a drama, but its TV, you have to create some drama. I dont have an issue with that when you accept that to keep things interesting of course some things are overplayed or hammed up.
Its not a documentary, its a bit of fun with added drama and some lovely gold...and its Australian :)

I don't think the battery theft is staged. The thing is about the battery theft, is that it becomes life threatening. So a really low act. If it is staged, then it sucks, but I don't think so.

I am still enjoying the show. "Reality show" or not, it is good to see what people do in that line of work.

At the insistance of my 86 year old mum, I have been recording the show for her and I to watch together.
She is really enjoying it , she loves the stark beauty of the W.A landscape with the vibrant colours and she never stops asking questions about different situations she sees dipicted in the show.
I guess its a great way for her to see and imagine something she is never going to experience first hand.. for me its nice that we can sit down and watch something together that I enjoy and that she now has a better understanding of why I do..

Well I watched all three seasons of Detectorists and I have to say it was one of the better shows/series I have seen in a while....Shame there won't be any more seasons.
Oh well onto the next thing.... :(

shakergt said:
Is episode 4 of Aussie gold available any ware yet? I missed it tonight darn it :|

It should be repeated Monday or Tuesday , will see if I can find out

Wife was out on our lease today and our lurker from Qld has moved off our boundary,about a klm away and she ran into him and had a good chat,hed been walking our ground and found 1 nugget,I told him a cuppla spots nearby where he might find something the other day and the wife passed on a bit of info to,he said to her oh I feel so guilty,I found a nugget on this guys lease just north,do you know him,she said yeah,she told him keep the little nugget but stay off our ground,nice old fella and offered to hand the little nugget back.
He s broke and needs to find gold to pay for fuel to get back to QLD,he told her hes been watching aussie gold hunters,thought it was easy to find like the show,this is the 2nd I know of first hand over here because of the more or less misrepresentation of gold finds on the show,how many more are out there Id hate to guess,of course the show wont be a success unless ya see plenty of gold,sadly its inevitable that some will be here in the heat and lost and theyll pay the price,I hope not but I can just see it.... :mad:

Not that is a tv show but really enjoy watching a couple of YouTubers religiously.
Chris from Vo-Gus Prospecting & Andrew from Adventure Gold. Both fantastic informative channels.
If they are on here, top notch guys!

Any other channels to look out for?

I love Aussie gold hunters but most of us know that it isn't easy as they show it, sometimes gives false hope to new prospectors. But everyone has to start somewhere and at least the show gives a insight into what's its all about, I'd like to see them shoot a few episodes in the GT or north Queensland.

If anything its good advertising for minelab and garrett, however I would not recommend someone to go out and buy a ATX in hurry. Not a bad detector but Minelab far better suited for Aussie conditions.

GaryO said:
Yeah why are the couple using a Garrett? Surely they put then down when the camera's are off and grab their 5000's again.

Hey Gary

Apparently the show is not sponsored by M/L

I thought I saw another G tonight, good spot for a product placement by Garret on a show widely considered to be sponsored by M/L :lol:

go figure!!!

Cheers
Bazz

Watched
Gold Rush, Parkers Trail tonight .. it was ok but nothing special.
Strait after Gold Rush , White water ..this was a lot more interesting. I thought it was pretty cool how they built the wall to divert the water in the steam .. :Y:

Latest posts