Prospect Australia TV

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redfin said:
Need to log in?
a lot of us don't have stalkerbook.

Me 3... I like your 'Stalkerbook' Redfin... I call it 'Fakebook'.... :lol: :koala:

If you 'click' on the box under the log in, you will see a little bit about the idea...

LW.....

Thanks LW,
is that financial backing?

1552219912_capture.jpg

The facebook link takes you to a gofundme page, witch is up to $35 ATM with a goal of $10,000.. I tried to post a link but it wont work...

XIV unfortunately this is exactly where social media can let you down.
A LOT of older & wiser people don't run their lives on FcBook.
I for one take a view that's its 'not the real world' & while I support charity & 'go fund me' issues where I deem appropriate, I never support anything advertised thru FcBook. Its basically a :poop: website that nurtures more harm than good.
Get this endeavour out there in the real world, in real media, with real people
I think its a good idea, & am willing to support it when I see it in the real world!
DED

Ded Driver said:
XIV unfortunately this is exactly where social media can let you down.
A LOT of older & wiser people don't run their lives on FcBook.
I for one take a view that's its 'not the real world' & while I support charity & 'go fund me' issues where I deem appropriate, I never support anything advertised thru FcBook. Its basically a :poop: website that nurtures more harm than good.
Get this endeavour out there in the real world, in real media, with real people
I think its a good idea, & am willing to support it when I see it in the real world!
DED
Thanks for your time, this is only one Avenue to help us raise funds to put the show together.
There will be a few other ways we will be doing things.
Please if you can help out, it will be much appreciated.
Thanks again, Kane.

mbasko said:
My phone won't let me do a lot of things 8.( .... I'm gunna call it Mother........
1552252216_screenshot_2019-03-11-07-07-03.jpg

Great idea Kane.... should be a great channel.... are you going to allow (filtered)Aussies to upload to your channel... is that your idea (with users{subscribers}having the ability to easily find golden adventures, caving, old mine adventures, beach or park detecting etc.
if not... you personally Kane Dalton, can have my idea for free. :Y: :perfect:
edit in..... up to you if you want to buy me a nice Landy once your really really rich n famous mate :D

I was really sorry to read the story of your idea being hijacked, Kane.

That said, I have mixed feelings about popular shows about detecting, fossicking and so on.

Many of the well known spots are being smashed already, and some new and old fossickers are a bit rough and ready in how they leave the bush.

Encouraging many new hobbyists, some with inflated expectations, could make this worse.

It is getting harder to maintain our access to the bush for fossicking and other recreational pursuits, with closure of 4wd tracks, banning of pumps, gazetting of National Parks and conservation areas and so on.

However, in spite of all this I wish you well.

Nightjar said:
If it is real people and real life stories, not the fantasy/staged crap dished out on other prospecting shows, no doubt it will get support.
There will be nothing stages in the show, it is purely to get our hobby out to the public, and to show off our passion of prospecting to Australia.

For those who don't do Facebook, but still wish to help, I'm sure you have other family that do use Facebook,
With out your help, it will take a while for it to take off.
And without getting it out there our hobby is going to be forgotten, or banned for our kids to get out there in the bush and enjoy the hobby.
We are doing this ourselves, and building it from the group up.

I'm sure many people will have questions about the proposed television show that was announced yesterday.
I will now explain further what we hope to do.

Prospecting is an activity that many people around the world enjoy. There are many shows out there already that give you a glimpse of what can be found so what will be different with this one?

We aim to give much more detail so those wishing to enjoy this activity can see all aspects, from just starting out right up to small mining lease setups and operation.
It will involve many people from varying backgrounds with knowledge on areas, equipment, history and much much more.

It won't be the same people in every show, it is not self-promotion for a select few. We will showcase many locations throughout Australia, the locals that work these different locations and the enjoyment they get.

My role is to help make this happen so others can be a part of this in the future.
I hope this has answered some questions you may of had and help inspire others to get behind this.

This is a post from Andrew from adventure gold

Have a look at UTube.
A well known Aussie U tuber, and its not Andrew from adventure gold, often digs into creek banks which is against the law.
This is sending the message its quite OK to do this when it simply is not. 8.( :awful:

A mate who lives in the same area as the U Tube man told me of other legal breaches from this person.
The local rangers are not happy and neither are many of the resident prospectors.

I could say more, but most likely this post will get moderated out?

Kane, have you got any sponsors who have indicated interest? Don't get me wrong I like the idea of what you want to put together, but if the TV channels are going to be interested they'll be looking to you to provide the primary advertisers, then they'll tap into their existing pool that might want to be part of the package. Being able to provide an audience is critical so you might have to think a bit broader.

Things like including fossicking and rock hounding in areas around a family camping ground, show that families can get involved and take their finds through to an end result. Find interesting stones, visit a local gem club, cut and polish something through to a collectable. Family adventure is a huge market and that brings advertisers from all sorts of associated fields. You can still include swinging and panning, but don't lose sight of how many families attend events like Minerama and go on the trips, talk to Wally69, his brother is one of the Minerama tour leaders.

It'll still be a good, real life, warts-n-all program, just broader appeal.

So the $10k your looking for, it this for the pilot?

Latest posts