Pre WW1 Brass Motorcycle Carburettor, check this piece of history out.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B5MECH

Laurence Male
Reaction score
I believe there are quite a few other motorcycle nuts here, so check this out
1477537376_nnnnnnnnnnnn_001.jpg

1477537376_nnnnnnnnnnnn_002.jpg

1477537376_nnnnnnnnnnnn_003.jpg

1477537376_nnnnnnnnnnnn_004.jpg

1477537376_nnnnnnnnnnnn_005.jpg

This is a rare as rocking horse s#$t pre WW1 brass motorcycle carby, pretty much museum quality
I thought I'd show it off here before I sell it, as I've decided I might move it on to pay for another machine
This is what carbys used to be before WW1 when they all got meted down for bullet shells
If you have anything like this around your shed be carefull what you throw out, after WW1 they were made from alloy but the parts are still worth good money
Uncle raced dirt track back in the 50's

numpty said:
yep i like it, it it an Amal carb? made in England.
It doesn't have a stamp but I believe Amal were the only carby makers for motorcycles back then
It's even pre name stamped era :lol: :lol:
I wish I had a shed full of them :lol: :lol:
Uncle raced an AJS 1930 Matchless

Looks interesting I'm not a motor cycle nut, if your selling it are you aware of or been to the Broadford Bike Bonanza held each Easter. 3 day event from memory, people from all over (the world) head to the event I've heard of people buying and selling all manner of motor cycles and parts.

There's a heap of classic bikes on show and being ridden. I've helped on the gate and driving buses to ferry people around the event. They get around 5000 each year 2017 is honouring the Ducati's from an article I read the other day.

I haven't been to the BBB it would make an awesome weekend, I usually sell my vintage parts through EBAY and all my special stuff ends up going to European countries where people have money :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and make serious bids
All the offers I get from Aussie Ebayers usually get laughed at, they all seem to want it but can't afford to restore the bike they dream of finishing on a dollar budget
When I list it it will be amusing to see how many people tell BS to try to get it cheap
But they will cringe at the price tag I'll put on it :eek: :lol: :lol:
It is in that special condition it belongs on a museum bike
On another note if you like Hogs Breath Cafe and like bikes the one at Pyrmont is like a museum has them hanging from the roof, when I leave I have a sore neck from looking up while trying to eat :lol: :lol:

I was looking for a pic of a bike early enough to put up but they seem to have later model carbs fitted.
The only other one I've seen for sale looked like crap and the guy selling it pulled it apart and tried to clean it up for pics
That would have been a thousand + dollar disappointment if the guy who bought had seen this one

RM Outback said:
Looks interesting I'm not a motor cycle nut, if your selling it are you aware of or been to the Broadford Bike Bonanza held each Easter. 3 day event from memory, people from all over (the world) head to the event I've heard of people buying and selling all manner of motor cycles and parts.

There's a heap of classic bikes on show and being ridden. I've helped on the gate and driving buses to ferry people around the event. They get around 5000 each year 2017 is honouring the Ducati's from an article I read the other day.

I used to go to the Hells Angels property at Broadford back in the 80's for the annual concert they used to put on...Only thing I swapped there was money for beer...Not many parts for sale back then... :D :D Love the carby by the way...

Latest posts