Pokemon Go .( Stampede)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
found one, when I lifted a plug today!
1469178108_pika.jpg

Jannine and I took the dogs for a walk last Sunday, and we saw quite a few people, mainly in couples, obviously playing the game.

I work at the Police Academy, and while there are apparently a few polkamon's around the campus, I have not seen anyone walking around with their phones out!

I play! :)

I think its amazing seeing people out and about. Ran into a couple the other night who were lets say very over weight. they said they had been out there walking around for an hour looking for this 1 type. i say good bloody on them! If thats what it takes to get people up and out of the house, we need more games like this!

I'm already fit... i just do it for the fun :D

Actually, one of the explanations that has been put forward for the great crime decline (the big decline in property and violent crime in most parts of the world over the last 15 years) is the tendency of young people to be interacting in the virtual world rather than meat world. According to this theory, they have just not been out on the streets and involved in mischief as much as when we were all young and stupid.

DrDuck said:
Actually, one of the explanations that has been put forward for the great crime decline (the big decline in property and violent crime in most parts of the world over the last 15 years) is the tendency of young people to be interacting in the virtual world rather than meat world. According to this theory, they have just not been out on the streets and involved in mischief as much as when we were all young and stupid.

I don't know about those stats DD, when I lived in N/T for a year you would have to ring home to pretty much find out what's going on in Vic unless it was real big I guess what I am saying is everywhere you look at the moment in Victoria the crime rate is increasing at an alarming rate even in my eyes here's just 1 example http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-17/victorian-crime-statistics-show-jump-in-youth-and-car-crimes/7254252 I just don't think Australia is dealing with real issues and addressing the real reasons for that increase and will continue to put forward to the public poor excuses for not dealing with it and giving us dodgy stats ... just my thoughts on a lighter note imagine if it was gold rush days and instead of a Pokmon he yelled out GOLD GOLD i think that's how people really reacted to someone finding gold :lol:

I gotta catch em all!

I only collect four types.

If anyone sees them while out and about let me know and I will come get them.

I am looking for Nugget, Picker, Flake and Speck.

BTW, it looks like my iPhone theory is correct. Every phone has been inoculated with the dreaded zombie ant brain fungus spores and we are now seeing the long term effects :(

Once everyone is hooked on hunting pokemon we can begin a transition phase to have them hunt for real life rare herbal and fungal compounds and aid scientists in curing ailments. Congratulations..you caught Corydyceps. You placed the cordyceps in your pocket and cured cancer.

I'm a criminologist, Greencheeks, and this stuff is pretty much my day to day work.

Here is a brief overview, but google crime decline and you will get plenty.

"Rates of recorded property crime have fallen almost continuously since 2003 in all jurisdictions considered in this paper; property crime has fallen since the mid-1990s or earlier in New Zealand, Canada, and the USA, and since 2001 in NSW. Violent crime rates have also trended downwards in most jurisdictions, but over a shorter period than for property crime, for example since 2000 in Canada, 2007 in NSW, and 2010 in New Zealand."

http://www.bocsar.nsw.gov.au/Pages/bocsar_news/Violent-and-property-crime-trends-.aspx

Took my kids to the park last week to see everyone playing it.. some were just plain rude and blocking paths and child play area to get thier 'catch'. It wasn't too bad until I noticed two bit too old type to be playing pokemon with thier phones pointed at one of my daughters. I had to walk straight up next to them looking at thier phones to make sure, and yes luckily it was the game, but ill never forget the feeling and anger I had when I first spotted this, and we left soon after

I see on the News here Some Idiots in Kosovo Actually followed these things in to Mine Fields and almost come undone, If you throw that ball at that little Critter in a Mine Field It won't just be the pokemon that gets blown up :eek: :D :D :D

and people have been also Playing/following them in to Grave Yards which is up setting a few people, :eek: :eek:

John

Latest posts