Planning your next trip -

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy all

It is with great excitement that I can confirm the minister for finance and leave has approved a small excursion away in a few months. With this I thought it may be a good idea to document (remind me) the process for some of you, this may be useful and for others you may laugh at my CDO :)

Seeing I usually have several projects on the go at once it is a good idea to have a checklist. This will be the basis along with a timeline so that key things are put were they need to be and general items can done as time allows. At the moment I will just mark as High (H) Medium (M) and Low (L) priority. I will assign dates to some once I have a better idea of the full requirements.

For ease I will also break it down into two main categories, being Prospecting/Research and Camping/4WD, and at this point they are fairly broad headings. I will try and include links that may be useful to the items or areas mentioned.

Prospecting/Research
Check dates on detectors for hire (H) (April 2015)
Get appropriate forms for access 40E (H) http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/documents/132364_Section_40E_Permit_System.pdf
Confirm rough region of travel (M) (Murchison) http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/14238.aspx
Look at Geo/Topo (M)
Old mines (M)
Additional research areas (L) Gold and gem magazine,
GPS points and key areas (L)

Camping/4WD -
Suspension Upgrade (H)
Under body protection Upgrade (H)
New Tyres (H)
Cargo Barrier (H)
Battery (M) Finish spread sheet on capacity needed
Charger (M) Decision -
Canopy (M)
Camera and Video (L-M)
Anderson Plugs for Solar Panels (M)
Water storage setup roof (L)

If anyone has any questions let me know, happy to assist were I can. Comments welcome always :)

Westaus

What vehicle do you have ,,, I work for OL in welshpool ,, if you got a question fire away ,,

stalker said:
What vehicle do you have ,,, I work for OL in welshpool ,, if you got a question fire away ,,
Ooooh, I like opposite lock stores, soooo much better than ARB :D
Fitted out a previous 80 series V8 cruiser with a heap of your gear some time ago, tough as nails, and beat the ARB price by at least $500, sweeeeet ;)

I'm in dire need of a lift kit, new suspension and a decent bash plate or 3. Wouldn't believe some of the places wiring is running under the car ?

Well things are starting to move ahead and big shout out to Stalker who helped with a few questions and also was able to put me in touch with an old school mate, small world hey !

So the current update is looking like this -

Prospecting/Research
Check dates on detectors for hire (H) (April 2015) Tentatively booked mid April.
Get appropriate forms for access 40E (H)
Confirm rough region of travel (M) (Murchison) Starting to narrow down to an area !
Look at Geo/Topo (M) As above
Old mines (M)
Additional research areas (L) Gold and gem magazine,
GPS points and key areas (L)

Camping/4WD -
Suspension Upgrade (H) Booked Friday
Under body protection Upgrade (H) Booked Friday
Brakes (H) Potential book Friday as well - getting pricing
New Tyres (H)
Cargo Barrier (H) Install on the weekend possibly, looking at two at the moment.
Battery (M) Finish spread sheet on capacity needed
Charger (M) Decision -
Canopy (M)
Camera and Video (L-M)
Anderson Plugs for Solar Panels (M)
Water storage setup roof (L)

So starting to move ahead and tick off the big things first, on a side note I have also setup the business Facebook if anyone is interested, there will be some deals coming up, look at my Signature (below) for details.

Thanks all, take care.

Westaus

Latest posts