Places not to stick your finger.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This could be a fun thread.

I just stuck my finger between the table and a 40grit high speed sanding disk.

Where have you stuck yours that you shouldn't have?

1565156679_20190807_143234-920x447.jpg

1565156694_20190807_140305-920x447.jpg

Ah I know that feeling and it starts to hurt about 20 seconds after you notice it. Put my index finger nail between a carbide key cutting wheel and the vice holding the key blank, end result was one less finger to clean :lol: and I had to learn how to pick my nose with my middle finger wasn't easy. My index finger took about 6 weeks to heal but the pain for the first few weeks was amplified when I'd keep knocking it :mad:. Good luck with the healing Baz keep us informed of the many knocks your about to endure :lol: :beer:

Manpa said:
Put left hand thru a planer table while creating a drop on rebate back in 1978, three fingers, thumb and palm. Hardly see the scars on the thumb and Palm anymore but still visible from nail to middle knuckle on the three fingers.
No lasting damage just a few numb spots.

YOUCH that is a nasty one :N:

Wishfull said:
Circular saw about two years ago. I posted the picture here at the time. Only 2 stitches. Anesthetic hurt more than the cut. Was working on the old caravan. About to start that project up again actually.

Wishfull sounds you and I have had a similar experience. I had a circular saw kick back and run up my hand between the thumb and index finger. 7 stiches later and it is all fine. I definitely have to agree with you that the anesthetic hurt more than the cut.

shakergt said:
Wishfull said:
Circular saw about two years ago. I posted the picture here at the time. Only 2 stitches. Anesthetic hurt more than the cut. Was working on the old caravan. About to start that project up again actually.

Wishfull sounds you and I have had a similar experience. I had a circular saw kick back and run up my hand between the thumb and index finger. 7 stiches later and it is all fine. I definitely have to agree with you that the anesthetic hurt more than the cut.

My brother was removing a termite riddled floor for his neighbour, wearing the appropriate footwear, not, he had thongs on. 9" Circ saw kicked back, result 4 toes off, only little piggy remained. All stitched back but has since lost second toe. Can't wear thongs now.

Latest posts