pipe dream.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im hoping i can post a picture of a 6" pvc sluice i built, i wanted something light and able to run with an electric bilge pump. Well after field trails im very happy, the pump is 1000glh and uses 3 amps.the battry is a 32amp gel which is more than needed. A little heavy and i would think a 20 amp bat would be better with out killing it in 4 hours use. I went narrow with the sluice so the water flow is enough, and i found Wals metal clasifier reduces the matieral a lot. Iv usedd a bread crate and moss. But im sold on a bit of ribbed rubber matting i saw on another sluice which the guy found very effective at stopping the gold. At 1.5 meters long i can carry it on my back with a strap. Sorry for mistakes cant edit on this phone, hope to have a ipad tomorrow and then i will be posting lots about Nundle which im finding is a great place to look. There is also gem stones here as well, iv found a bright ziconia already and the other fossickers here have a nice parsel of of stones and fossils.

Sorry for not posting a picture yet! Still trying to sort it out, hoping the new ipad will be eseyer to work with. Lots of great storys to post about Nundle and the other fossickers. But without pics its a bit plain, so stay tuned please:).

1376642703_image.jpg

Sorry for the delay! Blame Telstra,Samsung and apple and its user ME.
My little sluice is working a treat and I've been setting up at different spots around Nundle in the search for the yellow stuff. Finding a few little pieces each day, but nothing that looks anything that could be called a nugget. The battery and pump are a great way to go when crevicing and digging around rocks. And only needs a few hours on the solar panel and its ready to go again.

Im not a big fan of the bread crate yet! Iv got it sitting on some miners moss which takes up the gap.the ribbed rubber matting works a treat and stops the small stuff within a foot. So iv got the crate and moss on top of it.

Update, now iv used my homemade petrol high banker 'post and pics coming
soon!' i really appreciate the ease of setup. Iv mostly been working top soil
which needs to be worked through the screen and takes time.
Only needing a puddle to recirulate the water and being quiet is a treat
and a little more relaxing.
The front legs meeting at the top help keep it ridged and give a handhold
the ribbed rubber matting curves nicely inside the pipe and held down with two bolts through
bread crate.

Latest posts