Pink Vein of Quartz

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy All, I've been walking around the countryside smacking brown snakes with my boom stick, when I stumbled upon a vein of quartz that is pink. Only found it as it had been exposed in the last wet. Has anyone ever found this before?

pink quartz usually means its been subject to mineralisation. it is an indicator that gold may be present.

We get a fair bit of it in the river down here, I have heard the same, means good chance of gold.

second the above info pink to red can be caused by concentration of minerals like titanium, iron, aluminum the best bit about this type of indicator is that its proof that high pressure/High temperature quartz has been forced through a fissure to cause your vein to come to surface. where there's that much heat there's usually gold good luck Pete

G'Day

Just remember the old saying "Everywhere that there is gold there is quartz, but only rarely where there is quartz there is gold"

Araluen

Its in an area at Hill End that has 2 reefs on a map but not this one. It doesn't get any foot traffic. Hmm might have to investigate I'm thinking. ;)

Latest posts