pin pointers

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have seen quite few posts both here and elsewhere, about people having problems with their pin pointers. dirt and water ingress can be a problem.
I was thinking about the rubberised spray paint and wondering how that would go. it can be multi layered and can also be removed easily . this would also give a small amount of shock resistance. Teflon plumbers tape might also help when applied to the battery end screw thread. of course it would be too difficult for the makers of these products to make one on the dolphin torch concept, rugged and waterproof. even the simple concept of a rubberised torch, with the switch under the rubber body and the extra shock resistance factor is viable. hard abs plastic cases jar the internals when knocked or dropped and warps/distorts in heat. three cheers for Obsolescence. :p

I have both the garrett and minelab pinpointers no problem with them at all..both been wet to a degree.. :)

sd
I have seen water proof cases for both the garret and minelab pointers ..
Was on flea bay ..no I don't have a link ..
Have also seen where a bloke was useing the rubber caps
that go on the bottom of chair/ bar stool
Pushed onto the end of a pointer

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

I prefer the Garrett over the minelab, minelab one is my back up pinpointer..

MJB said:
Hey Stevo, any preference between the two...Minelab or Garret?

Check out the Whites, tested great on fine gold in quartz, and I was happy how hits small targets in the walls of the dig hole and Im always covered in dust when im out.

Even has a depth measure down the side!

Cheers

Thanks guys for the feedback,

I recently bought a brand new 2nd hand Minelab 25 off anothere forum member and with no previous experience to base its effectiveness on I am unsure if its good or rubbish. It seems ok and picks up hot rocks ok :p but struggles to pick up my meagre fine gold dust in a plastic vial even on its highest sensitivity.

Cheers

Latest posts