Piece of Pineapple anyone?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1465171063_img_5624.jpg

I found this walking the dry creek bed in White Cliffs N.S.W. about 10 years ago. When I picked it up I thought it was just a piece of quartz. It wasn't until I wet it that the colours started to show. We rang a local miner we were there to visit and he hushed us and told us not to say any more on the phone (very covert)and to bring it straight around to the house. When he saw it he said "your very lucky" this is part of a rare opal form only found here in White Cliffs called a Pineapple.
The photo doesn't do it justice, there is colour from every angle.

Thanks AtomRat. I was stoked. not sure if he was playing me though. He said it was worth between $500 and $1000.

SammyJ said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7027/1465171063_img_5624.jpg

I found this walking the dry creek bed in White Cliffs N.S.W. about 10 years ago. When I picked it up I thought it was just a piece of quartz. It wasn't until I wet it that the colours started to show. We rang a local miner we were there to visit and he hushed us and told us not to say any more on the phone (very covert)and to bring it straight around to the house. When he saw it he said "your very lucky" this is part of a rare opal form only found here in White Cliffs called a Pineapple.
The photo doesn't do it justice, there is colour from every angle.

Yep, it's hard stuff to really accurately capture in a photo. Very nice SammyJ :)

Thanks, Lefty. this piece is really hard to capture ans it has been weathered.

Im not too sure his was right about it being a pineapple, as it has 1 very flat surface that looks like it was connected to rock.

Latest posts