picked up new 5000 today

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm having a play with it around the triangle in VIC for a few days to get used of it. I'll let you know how I go. You gotta be in it to win it,lol.

You'll love the 5000 mick and ann, runs nice compared to older machines. Went out with mine today with coiltek Maryborough on a complimentary day training session. I highly recommend them, they are all excellent operators and will teach you heaps in what would take a novice a year. I'm sliding out to Talbot tomorrow for a beep to see how i go. :)

Good luck mate. Here's the type of stuff you'll end up finding, maybe better, in the Triangle. Picked these up, 1/2 oz worth, with my 5000 in the same region on my last 3 trips out. Was another 3.7 grams in little bits, but they are mixed up with others in the container and I cant remember which ones they were. :lol:
1371905212_half_oz.jpg

Very nice Jon, makes it worth while when you can pick up a few bits. I' m trying around Havelock, Alma and BET BET tommorow if Ihave enough time.

Good luck Greeny. Its still out there, you just gotta walk over it. Anywhere in the Triangle is worth a go, no matter how many people have been there.

Last day here 2mrw, so I'm putting in a big day around Donolly area, changed my coil to a NF elliptical. All systems are go :) check. A 270g Nugget was found in this area a couple of days ago in a totally thrased area 5" down, just goes to show they are still there.

:) :)

270 gram, what a beauty. Nice to know better bits are still around. Good coils the N/finders, all I use. Good luck Greeny.

1372402922_image.jpg

Hi again. We are back from our few days in and around Bendigo. We picked up our 5000 on Monday and took our 1/2 day training and then continued for the rest of the day under the expert guidance from Niall, Miners Den Bendigo. We found our first piece of gold before the end of the day! Unbelievable! Very small....but gold all the same. We decided to go for a tour again the next day to consolidate all the info that we had learnt on Monday. It really was the best thing. There is no way that we could gain all that knowledge on our own, we absolutely recommend doing the tour if you possible can. On the second day out we found another small piece and then just as we were about to call it a day.....we found a 1.7g nugget!!! It was about a foot down and took a while to find but WOW....it's just so much fun....we are hooked...lol....All in all Monday to Thursday we found 4 pieces. We couldn't ask for more on our very first expedition. We are managing the 5000 really well, so far, and bought a nugget finder coil also. The staff at the Miners Den Bendigo were great, all the information and assistance they gave us was brilliant.
So now it's all about getting back out there (in Tassie now) and keep on trying!
Cheers!

Congrats M&A on some great little finds. That's the one good thing about the 5000, they're like a magnet on the gold, and you gain a lot of confidence when you're swinging the best machine for the job. ;) Best of luck with it back in Tassie, and I'm sure the rattlers will start filling that jar soon.

Cheers Wal,

We are thrilled to bits.....we are off again tomorrow.....I can see that work is going to interfere badly with this hobby......

Latest posts