Physical ailments

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BigWave said:
DrDuck said:
Ha,
Just about to turn 60-
Eyesight is stuffed, and need a new prescription as I keep lifting the multi focals to look through the bottom bit with high magnification.
Overall my problems are not too bad!

Hey DD, just get your lenses replaced.
I did a few years back and have perfect vision from around 4' to the horizon. Only need glasses for reading now, and your prescription will never change.
One of the best things that I ever did for myself.

BW May be stupid question
Do you mean lenses on the glasses or eye - ;like cataract fix?

You may change your mind one day, if ur suffering in old age. Ive had to have couple of pet dogs put down in my arms.... wish I could go that way if I had the choice, just saying.. :|

NeilM wrote:
BW May be stupid question
Do you mean lenses on the glasses or eye - ;like cataract fix?

"Like cataract fix" i.e.: the lenses that I was born with.
Operation was < 15mins per eye (separated by 2 weeks).
Again, best thing I've done for myself. At the docs the next morning vision was 20/20 vision (both times).
No more trying to find your glasses to find your other glasses, or carrying 3 sets with you, or those damn expensive multi-focals which make you move your head to see. Just cheapo 1.5 glasses from the local pharmacist are all I need for computer and the newspapers.
Night vision has also become great! - even with driving glasses is was starting to get poor.
Highly recommended, but was around AU$600 per eye (with private health).

OzzieAu said:
You may change your mind one day, if ur suffering in old age. Ive had to have couple of pet dogs put down in my arms.... wish I could go that way if I had the choice, just saying.. :|

I attended Philip Nitschke's seminar last Saturday in Lismore and it was an eye opener. There are several options available, all but one are quite legal and the materials are readily available.

silver said:
Just stop eating members of the nightshade(Solanaceae) family (sure I read that recently in an old Grass Roots magazine).... so that includes Tomatoes, Potatoes, Capsicum, Chillies, Eggplants, & Datura.
And apparently those aching pains will go away...... I've not tried it myself yet, but, have enough aches and pains to warrant a test trial at some stage to see if it works.
And I'm only 21 this year ! ]:D
Jees if anyones eating datura ailments are the least of their worries:eek: :eek:

Yep, sorry.... my sense of humour getting in the way there.... Datura is deadly poisonous in any form. I only included it because it is from the same family as the rest of them... to help point out that was probably the reason someone stopped eating that particular family of plants in the first instance (then maybe realised their pains had disappeared) ,.... Sometimes you just gotta read more into what I'm saying to get the entire story (sorry). :)

OzzieAu said:
Popeye arms Ozzie.... no bearhugs during horseplay from you thanks mate. :eek: :lol:
.... all respect to the puppies hey ! :rainbow:

ailments to look forward to once past 50, high blood pressure , diabetes type 2, gout, organ performance reduction, like kidneys and liver function, heart disorders, lets not forget ED , Erectile disfunction, then there's failing eye site, and hearing, baldness just happens, belly fat and if you don't eat fibre constipation then cometh the heamoroids , no avoid that mile having barbed wire stuck up you rectum
What does my Doc say, blame your mother thats where you got your genes from , but we still soldier on, just picked up my months supply of pills lucky I have an old age pensioner card , be stuffed without it

one good thing about this thread is mate don't keep it to yourself and suffer ask what other blokes do about such symptoms, now women are the greatest gossipers known to man, they know all the signs and what medication to take , now when was the last time you had a piss and the bloke next to you is trying real hard but nothing perhaps he has a postate problem but as men we don't say a thing, the nature of the beast the bloke might think I'm gay lol bit that reality we men don't discuss our issues when we should, thats all for now mate ? or is it

madtuna said:
My wrist naturally hands down like yours in the picture anyway, to have it up would be un-natural for me.
How is it side ways? ie: cantered left or right when at rest verses your handle placement?

As for the up and down, if this is the problem the only thing I could think of is to approach someone like Prospector Pete on this forum who makes a wicked timber handle that has rave reviews.
Maybe he could build one to suit your needs?

Hi Ozz has contacted me and we have redesigned our handle for him am in the process of making a handle more upright he should have it within the week so we will see how that works but looking at the pic I think the handle is set too far forward so with the new style handle and bring it back a couple of inchs may fix the prob.PP

OzzieAu said:
Crikey Silver, no chillies, tomatoes or spuds.... a bloke may as well be dead.
Actually I have heard that said about the nightshade family and arthritis, but what a sacrifice... 8.(

Heard this a few years ago that if you eat the leaf of the penny-wort plant it has amassing reduction of pain with arthritis suffers I am lucky I am 68 and really dont have heath probs I always put it down to doing Martial arts all my life still train twice a week (well teach not so much train now ) lol

Here it is. :Y:
1518125139_screenshot_2018-02-09-07-12-46.jpg

and here it is in my yard
1518125172_screenshot_2018-02-09-07-22-06.jpg

grows wild here (lucky me) :D
1518125527_screenshot_2018-02-09-07-22-26.jpg

hopefully I'll be pain free in a few minutes :p
here we go :p
1518125988_screenshot_2018-02-09-07-38-57.jpg

silver said:
Good one silver, if it does the job, you could be sitting on a valuable asset.....fresh herbs aint cheap!
Silvers Medicinal has a good ring to it ;)

This thread has grown some legs..... thanks to those with all the input and advise. :Y:
As Pirate Pete said, I have ordered one of his handles in the hope of some relief from my hand pain.
Good luck to all those with issues far worse than mine. :)

Latest posts