Photos you've taken of old goldfields

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Creekbed said:
Some really interesting machinery there Bundyjd I must study the photos a bit harder to work out what purpose they served.

Great photos mate :)

Cheers Creekbed

Maybe some of these might help mate.......

Edit - oops, sorry thought you were talking about Adelong. May as well leave them here now anyway

IMG_1370_zpsykqvuw5n.jpg

IMG_1369_zpssswc9xhc.jpg

IMG_1368_zpsgziubpwi.jpg

IMG_1366_zps6bkgnp8e.jpg

IMG_1365_zpsp8ovglgo.jpg

Great photos bundujd, I'm gunna have to make a trip up there and see that with my kids. Maybe even do a bit of fishing at Tumut while I'm at it :D

I love these pics, totally awesome, makes you wanna get some dirt and go panning, I"m kicking myself that years ago when I lived fairly close to Adelong, I never thought to go prospecting, this was nearly 30 yrs ago. The chances you let go by.

One pic that caught my eye was of this wheel looking thing with what looks like buckets in a sort of a triangle concrete enclosure, wonder what that was used for, anyone know?

cecc said:
I love these pics, totally awesome, makes you wanna get some dirt and go panning, I"m kicking myself that years ago when I lived fairly close to Adelong, I never thought to go prospecting, this was nearly 30 yrs ago. The chances you let go by.

One pic that caught my eye was of this wheel looking thing with what looks like buckets in a sort of a triangle concrete enclosure, wonder what that was used for, anyone know?

If you are referring to the one taken out at Cowra Creek goldfield, I believe it's the top of some sort of ventilation shaft.

Cheers,
JD

I am humbled by the great photo's and history of this great (albeit, old) land!! :)

My small contribution of a snapshot:

1454408949_storm_burrendong.jpg

Photo is not (obviously) a closeup of any particular goldfield, there's gold there though ;)

P.S. its in NSW.

P.S.S. She can be a cruel mistress!!! ;)

Cheers,

Billy.

Beautiful photos... you can almost see them come back to life... looking forward to moving up to Ballarat and having a wander through some of the old fields there.

Wishfull said:
At camp near St Arnaud. May 2016 i think this is an old Zephyr, anyone know?

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7460/1465709417_camp_resized.jpg
Looks like an old zephyr. i used to run an old zephyr ute in my younger days and you could hear it coming a block away due to the "throatie' huge exhaust that came out the side just behind the door. In those days i used to work in the centre of Melbourne CBD and you could see the coppers (when they used to stand on the corners) turning their heads to see what was making all the noise coming their way. :lol:
I never got booked but it was a manual and the bloody thing used to jam in 2-3 gear when i was stopped at the lights and i had to get out of the car, lift the bonnet and knock it back out off gear with my fist so i could re-engage first gear again before taking off. :lol:
Battleship grey with red vinyl interior, beautiful bitch of a thing :lol: :lol: :lol:

davent said:
Billy said:
I am humbled by the great photo's and history of this great (albeit, old) land!! :)

My small contribution of a snapshot:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1111/1454408949_storm_burrendong.jpg

Photo is not (obviously) a closeup of any particular goldfield, there's gold there though ;)

P.S. its in NSW.

P.S.S. She can be a cruel mistress!!! ;)

Cheers,

Billy.

Old Adaminaby?

Apologies for not replying sooner Dave.
The photo was taken at Burrendong dam NSW.
This photo is looking back towards where I took it from.

1465712771_bd1.jpg

Cheers,

Billy.

Ward69 and i went out wandering all weekend in the bush .

It really is a good way to lap up the old pioneering history and get fit at the same time.

Came across a couple of interesting mines hidden deep in the bush.

1558260807_1stmine.4jpg.jpg

1558260825_1stmine.jpg

1558260877_mine4.jpg

1558260897_mine5.jpg

How old would a sign like the one below be ? Is it pegging out an old claim ?

1558261000_oldsign.jpg

Latest posts