Petrol and cooking dont mix

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This belongs or at least did belong to a mate of mine i thought he had more sense then to do this
He was lucky and got out with some singed hair but nothing else made it
This is proof that you dont carry/use fuel in enclosed spaces then light a gas stove to do cooking

1637209387_img20211117140222.jpg

7.62marksman said:
This belongs or at least did belong to a mate of mine i thought he had more sense then to do this
He was lucky and got out with some singed hair but nothing else made it
This is proof that you dont carry/use fuel in enclosed spaces then light a gas stove to do cooking

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/8005/1637209387_img20211117140222.jpg

Yeah that kind of confirms my thoughts about those Coleman stove that run on Unleaded,

Battery power in the vehicle and Gas power away from the vehicle,

I wounder if his Insurance will cover the loss, ??

As this a safety issue , I would like to tell my story . In Coober Pedy my mate "Yugo Jack " Had a Ford or Chev . V 8 ute . 1950's It ran out of petrol, very thirsty . I was tipping some petrol from a gallon tin , down the carby , when he hit the starter .... So , I am holding a gallon tin of petrol with flames coming out of the top .... I walked away from the ute and threw the tin on the ground . I did not get any burns , very , very lucky . What I think saved me was it was a very hot day so the gallon tin was full of fumes . No petrol /air mixture to give an explosion . I still think I was very lucky not to get burnt .

Very lucky Mick678, it's actually the petrol fumes that are the most dangerous part of fuel, you can light a match and lay it on the ground then pour petrol on it from above to put the match out, however, if you pour petrol on the ground and light a match then wave it over the top of the fuel :fire:
A full can of petrol is safer than a half full can.

7.62, that's a crap ya daks moment for sure, hard lesson to learn.

Latest posts