Perspective

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TTKooAu

Grant Westbrook
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I would share a few pics of some gold I panned last month.
they came from a crevice in a dry creek in Mt Crawford Forest, SA.

1454452302_mt_crawford_2.jpg

1454452302_mt_crawford_3.jpg

1454452302_para_wirra_1.jpg

sadly it is all a matter of scale.

the major divisions are 5.0mm - the medium scale divisions are 1.0mm. the minor scale divisions are 0.1mm.
the speck in the last pic is a smidge over 2.3mm long.

they still look pretty though. even at this micro level, they have quartz inclusions :cool:

Thanks for sharing,was just thinking of giving the dry blower or gold cube a run there soon..and saw your post ..now I'm keen..just rang the office at Mt Crawford..and no one home , even though office hrs 9-11 am 7 days a week..bloody hopeless..If I pay my 5 bucks I want access to all the available area declared for fossicking ,and not locked gates everywhere ..As I've experienced in the past..Cheers..If you want some company out there send us a pm..

rotor said:
nice ...... clear shots for small nuggets - what did you take them with??

Thanks. took them with a usb microscope. I had one with 1000x zoom but is is way too powerful....it can see the microbes swimming around in a drop of water....lol. But I got another with variable zoom 50x to 500x. These shots are about 100x

For $20 delivered I'm not complaining

Wow nice pieces there TK, scrubbed up really well ;-)
Bl00dy good photos TTKooAu,....tiny but nice.
Nice so nice, you gotta be happy with that.

Cheers

i guess on the bright side you are probably the only one finding gold in SA thats not on the beach

LOL... you're probably right :lol:

Very clear photos mate, did you acid clean the nugs before photo?

Thanks AR, no clean up, straight out of the vial.

Thanks for sharing,was just thinking of giving the dry blower or gold cube a run there soon..and saw your post ..now I'm keen..just rang the office at Mt Crawford..and no one home , even though office hrs 9-11 am 7 days a week..bloody hopeless..If I pay my 5 bucks I want access to all the available area declared for fossicking ,and not locked gates everywhere ..As I've experienced in the past..Cheers..If you want some company out there send us a pm..

Sure, I'll pm you.

Hey they're great for this type of thing - tried taking close shots using an 8mp camera on the gps and they turned out blurred :( not good at all ...... have to invest in one of these

thx for sharing!

Latest posts