pedal powered sniper dregde

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rc62burke said:
Yes, all forms of dredging are a no go.
Lee

but what moving part makes it illegal?

is it the venturi nozzle?

is it the spinning of a pump as to piston type suction?

if I turn the pedals by hand then its a hand pump?

It is useing water for hydrologic power.
In saying that a yabbie pump does the same.

20xwater said:
rc62burke said:
Lee

If you have pedals then you have a crank & therefore you have a mechanical advantage & a pump to provide water pressure to work the venturi.
We may not like the laws that are put in front of us but that is what we have!!

Currently in QLD, you cannot use - River sluice, Highbanker, Dredge, Dryblower, Trommel. Only sieves & pans, what a load of crap!!!

I believe that QLD's fossicking laws are to restrictive & require a huge overhaul.
I will be working on this for all QLD'ers this year, I think if we have a united voice & demonstrate the importance of our economic contribution to the smaller communities we may get some changes through.

I do feel that in the interim that all prospectors should conduct themselves so as to not draw attention to our hobby in a negative respect.

Once I get a bit organised I will be putting out a petition & will be asking for support from around the state.
cheers
Lee

rc62burke said:
20xwater said:
rc62burke said:
Lee

If you have pedals then you have a crank & therefore you have a mechanical advantage & a pump to provide water pressure to work the venturi.

Currently in QLD, you cannot use - River sluice, Highbanker, Dredge, Dryblower, Trommel. Only sieves & pans, what a load of crap!!!

I believe that QLD's fossicking laws are to restrictive & require a huge overhaul.
I will be working on this for all QLD'ers this year, I think if we have a united voice & demonstrate the importance of our economic contribution to the smaller communities we may get some changes through.

I do feel that in the interim that all prospectors should conduct themselves so as to not draw attention to our hobby in a negative respect.

Once I get a bit organised I will be putting out a petition & will be asking for support from around the state.
cheers
Lee

I was having this discussion a while back as my understanding was no sluices highbankers etc but im sure I wad proven wrong.... does it say anywhere that you cannot process yoir material with a sluice once hand excavated?

rc62burke said:
20xwater said:
rc62burke said:
Lee

cheers
Lee

I agree with the poupose of the laws to minimise haul, I'm thinking if these laws didn't exist it would be even harder for me to find it and worse for generations to come. my suggestion for concideration is...if its all about minimising material processed then why cant I build an run for e.g a really mini(micro) turbo trommel for my concerntrates I dig?

scott :cool:

thedigger said:
How about sniffer bottle??

That's considered mechanical ! shows how stupid these laws are ! :mad:

The wording of the laws is so grey that it opens the door for interpretation , so guess it depends on the personality of who is doing the checking ?

Outback .

Outback said:
thedigger said:

The wording of the laws is so grey that it opens the door for interpretation , so guess it depends on the personality of who is doing the checking ?

Outback .

I don't agree - a sniffer bottle only takes advantage of natural atmospheric pressure - no mechanism is employed in it's operation.

casper

rc62burke said:
20xwater said:
Ramjet said:
I believe moving material by mechanical means covers it.

is it actually illegal to use a yabby pump? :)

For the purposes of fossicking for "Gold" or other minerals!!! YES

But not for fishing!!! & this will be one of the arguments put forth!!!!
cheers
Lee

Just make sure you have your fishing rod and fishing licence sitting beside you.

casper said:
Outback said:
thedigger said:

Outback .

I don't agree - a sniffer bottle only takes advantage of natural atmospheric pressure - no mechanism is employed in it's operation.

casper

I want a sniffer bottle that I can just wave over gold to suck it up without any outside forces to make to operate :p

Latest posts