PDF Editor???

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cracka

Craig
Reaction score
Anyone on here used a free PDF Editor? I have scanned a book but I had to scan every second page upside down as it wouldn't fit with the door on the scanner. So now when I open the PDF using Adobe Acrobat it allows me to turn pages 180 degrees but then I cant save the change with this software as its a reader only. So looking for a free PDF editor software to turn the pages 180 degrees and also there are numerous PDFs to add together to form one PDF and save it then. Any ideas people which is the easiest free PDF editor available. Help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Cracka.

Is that option in your scanner software. ??
I will have a look for one for you Mate. :) :)

I dont know of a free PDF editor and after just doing another search still cant find one.

I use to have a copy of Adobe which would do everything, but had to purchase and use Wondershare PDF Editor a couple of years ago.

Cant remember what it cost $30-40 not sure now, but it's a hell of a lot cheaper than adobe and does about everything a pdf editor should I think.

As in the editor above it is free to download

Heres a link to Wondershare editor - Wondershare LINK

edit: Just found the price - $78 for lifetime upgrades.

I have a full package as I needed it for my other Contracting and Contract Management work.

So Forms and various other features are a possibility.

You can get a script to rotate every second page - but I have forgotten how as it was a while ago and a much older version...

PM me... If the file is not to big etc then I can do in in about 15 min..

PS. Rotating pages etc is more a formatting process and some editors only do basic stuff...

So like always, it is the full context that is needed to ensure what you Need vs say you want can be determined.

Books often have to be straightened, borders corrected and in some cases page numbers etc all added.

Then if you want it so that a reader can read it as an Audio book; needs to have a full OCR performed...

Cracra

Check your e-mail for a notification.

It took me a bit longer than expected as many of the scans (flat bed) were not consistent. Thus I could not use any scripts to do an Auto clean etc.

And some pics were Landscape .... Not a good outcome, when I formatted to Portrait :)

Any way, all done - Straightened / Cropped (all be it a bit rough) / OCR so you can word search / inserted pages etc and flipped where required/ Added Chapter Bookmarks-links.

Would have liked to get it down to a smaller size but plenty of pics and quality of scanned docs - added another level of effort that may not be worth the effort.. BUT 420 meg down to 34 meg is OK but not great.

Please let me know what you think... Was some interesting reading etc as I scanned some of teh txt and pics, while formatting it.

Latest posts