Paying 4 things

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today I enquired about a Minelab 4000 in Perth 4 sale on Fleabay .. asked for more details eg pics ect ..Instant reply sold !!! will get you one on monday or tuesday I'll keep in touch.... Minutes later another measage I can offer You TRANSDIRECT,,,,,, You pay the money for a detector and a third party holds the Dollars until You get the detector !!!!!! Sounds a bit Fishy 2 Me !!!!!

L/R

Only way I'd pay that would be if Liz was the third party in Question, but it's probably his wife he means.....lol. Offer him that scenario and i bet you don't get a response.

Cheers Wal. :D

Straight up scam. With all the fake Minelab stuff getting around
I'd only buy one from a dealer, expensive but worth it.

I agree with the guys LR. Seems a little suss.

My good friend just purchased another 4500 on eBay last week from a guy in Vic. Only after a few phone calls, pics of the serial numbers etc. did he go forward. Turned out to be a genuine item from a long time prospector so he was in good stead there. The guy even offered him a days lesson on the machine so he was pretty chuffed.

But yes, buyer beware as they say. If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.

Cheers,
Shauno.

If the item was for sale on ebay and he said it was sold did you re-check the item? Had he cancelled it?
I personally would contact ebay and stay well away from them. Way too many scammers out there in the world of ebay, got to be careful.

Id be reporting the dude to ebay before some other poor bloke gets done over

Latest posts