Panning gold in hill end Bathurst

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for sharing, but I would like to stop hi jacking this topic ;).
I Would like to discuss further on how to profit in gold mining but if any one interests we can open a different topic. As I still wondering if gold is still can be profitable for the prospectors. As I have failed getting gold the first couple of times. but the third I found a spec, the fourth I found 2 specks, the fifth I found 3 specks, and I already spent like $1000 worth of petrol alone. Tips: try to camp back more days and do more diggings just to increase your chance of profiting. by the way I was only using pans and river sluice so other method might have been better.

The information supplied to date on this thread has pretty well covered the original request and opening a new topic might shine some light onto the questions you are asking.

A new thread with something like " Any clues on making recreational prospecting more affordable", may give you some better advice.

From my own experiences, one must progress from beginner to expert first, and once efficient, rely a lot on "Lady Luck" to make the hobby profitable. The hobby is a lot like going to the cinema. The show will cost you money, but if you come away from it entertained, you will have deemed it money well spent. ;)

Cheers Wal.

If you are heading out that way have a look at sunny corner , its a state forest with a river that runs all year around. Difficult terrain in some areas can uncover some relatively untouched ground, if you don't mind getting your feet wet and black berries.

As for making a living out of it , I believe it could be done and some people here do .

But say you drive few hours out to the GOOD ground after all why make a living out of it if you are on average yielding land.

If you used only half a tank of fuel to get there not even taking into account the tools and equipment you would have to purchase in advance to make your life easier finding the gold, say it cost you $40 in fuel .

You would HAVE to find at LEAST 1 gram of old just to cover your fuel not even your time of recoup your equipment costs, I have been out a hand full of times and have total of .9 grams of gold.

This hasn't be high banking just using a river sluice and panning and they weren't full days more of a half day outing, I have always thought of going out for a week in one area and seeing what I can total up .

At the end of the day unless you hit some nuggets or good fine gold you would probably be working to about $0.50 a hour

Latest posts