Online, Email Scams, Fake callers/Phone scams and other scam information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Banjo68 said:
I've made it a point lately due to the
current situation we are all in
to only buy locally or Aussie made
There are too many scammers out
there at the moment.
If we all buy locally we can get this country
back on its feet.

In general, I try to buy Aussie whenever I can, but some stuff just isn't made in Oz. I deal through Oz websites, but find that a few of them will rip you off as well. I also try and steer away from some of the cheaper/cheapest stuff as that is often lower quality.

Rob P.

China, or any other low cost asian manufacterer, do not export to Australian retailers.
It is the Australian retailers which place orders, at a price point, and import them.

I did check this out.
Scammers can and do Hijack some one else, details.

This very badly hurts business and true honest folk's immensely.

Remember this and always be suspicious,

"If it sounds to good to be true, It generally isn't. "

This one biggy with name and shame.
If you get it wrong, The repercussions are not worth even talking about. ]:D ]:D

The right people get very badly hurt whereas the mongrel's who did the deed mostly get
off Scott free. :fistpump:

Gary , yes. don't purchase from o.s individual, don't go ahead if they are not open it buyer protection or inspection in person. Aliases change too quickly.

Perzaccery. :) :)
Pretty simple.
If you smell a rat, and it looks like a rat,

It is...

And research the buyer protection to make sure iit actually is buyer protection and it is used as such.

Paypall can't protect you if your transfer is to a friend.
A sales contract is not worth anything if you can't find or prove the parties on the other end/don't understand the legal juristiction it is under.

But Yes, rats a bad. unless it is goldrat!

Tathradj said:
I did check this out.
Scammers can and do Hijack some one else, details.
This very badly hurts business and true honest folk's immensely.
Remember this and always be suspicious,

"If it sounds to good to be true, It generally isn't. "

This one biggy with name and shame.
If you get it wrong, The repercussions are not worth even talking about. ]:D ]:D
The right people get very badly hurt whereas the mongrel's who did the deed mostly get
off Scott free. :fistpump:

i think thats a typo Tathradj :cool: ... it generally is :Y:

I had an automated call today claiming my ebay purchase had been approved and my account had been charged 300 odd bucks, I just hung up. I did check ebay just to be 100% sure it was bs but all good.

Also had another automated call a couple of days ago from Megan from Telstra...I can only presume that Nicole from Telstra is too busy in her other job making automated calls for the tax office these days. :lol:

The scam artists must think the people out bush are dills ' I get hit on almost everyday ' both my landline & email .

I'm now ready for them , if anyone calls with an accent I just hang up .
As for emails if not known - they get deleted .

Message : Shame to say this ' but only dopes employ people with accents for client contact these days :rolleyes:

:(

I got the pay your tax debt now because you are about to be arrested call a few days ago.Just hung up.

Latest posts