On the move again.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XIV

Kane
Reaction score
My family and I will be moving back to Victoria at the end of January.
So the Dec / Jan BBQ up here in cairns will be my last.
With me working away so often, my wife is left at home with the girls, with no family to surport her if something happens.
So we have decided that moving back to vic is the best thing for my family.
The Weper job os not ready untill March / April that's if I can get on that project.
If I do, then I will be around still. When time allows.
So it may be a so long, goodbye BBQ.
I love it up here in Cairns, but must also do what's best for my family.

Thank you to all the guys who have befriended me and helped me get out there to go prospecting. I will remember it, and am proud to call you friends.
Cheers Kane.

Gday Kane,
Family is always the number one priority in life so I know that your choice is the best choice.
I have had to do the same thing myself and have never regretted it one bit.
Life is what you make of it and that's what you have been doing and will continue to do.
Good friends are always just that, and it sounds like you have made a few up that way.
All the best for the future for you and your family mate.
Cheers Steve.
ps: are you moving to the GT? ;)

Tough move mate, but understandible as well. it would be hard not having help when its needed and it will make a huge difference to your family. Well, on a plus, you will have someone to dig with out here when you get the time ;)

Wow mate, that came as a surprise!!
I agree with the others though, Family first.
Good luck mate, you know where we are!!

Use to do a lot of fifo work supervising fitters, boilys, welders. Big dollars, but
hard on my family,wife 2young boys. I think ya made the right choice.

Simmo said:
Wow mate, that came as a surprise!!
I agree with the others though, Family first.
Good luck mate, you know where we are!!

Wasn't the easiest of choices to make, but yes. Family first.
I will be back up from time to time. I've got a few places that I can stay at.
And a few people who I can get out for a dig with.
Only reason I haven't been out to much is, work-
If I had more time, I would be up the palmer all the bloody time.

XIV, it's the right call mate. Family does come first. It's scary how quick kids grow up, I wish some times I could slow life down, but then they fight and that dream goes away!

Count me in for a dig too!

Wow I am Disappointed you have to move back as you have brought a lot of enthusiasm to our group of prospectors here in Cairns

But you have to do what is best for your family

We will catch up before you go :cool:

Gregupnorth said:
Wow I am Disappointed you have to move back as you have brought a lot of enthusiasm to our group of prospectors here in Cairns

But you have to do what is best for your family

We will catch up before you go :cool:

Thanks bud.
I couldn't of done what we have managed to do without you and a few others.

Thanks everyone for your support.
This is not a goodbye, just a farewell for now.

Might try and organize a Victoria - Queensland trip once a year.
Any takers?

We all have to do what we have to do to get by in life, sadly that means that mates may come and go.
I know well be seeing you again sooner or later mate, even if its only on your way to visit the palmer again. ;)

Hey Kane, Bummer but understandable. I will look forward to catching up b4 you leave mate. We will keep a spot for you when you come back for a trip to the Palmer. Always hard on kids especially when you work away. Good on you for putting them first. Cheers Rick.

Hey guys a newbie to the group and prospecting does the cairns group still meet up?? As im keen to soak up as much knoweledge and info as i can

Latest posts