On the gold

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigSam

Samuel
Reaction score
1397298890_image.jpg

Picked up this nice white gold ring with 1 diamond at a highschool I've been hunting, cruising around the seating area near the canteen with the pin pointer as it was too close to the metal seat supports for the detector. Pretty happy with it so as it stands the MD and the pro pointer are well and truly payed for now as the jeweller valued it at the $700 rrp mark! :D

Crap pic as have not yet purchased a macro lens for me iphone so I do apologise.

See how we go leat, wanna buy a ring? :D
Robert..I think it's got something to do with it haha!

Ripper microscope, thanks for the link SF, I'll look into that for sure! Thanks guys I'm pretty bloody chuffed with it!
Goes to show that if you stick at it... It will eventually pay off.

Well done, sweet find.

I always do my pics sitting on a flat background, seems to help with focus, also try moving the camera back a little and then zoom in, seems to work on my samsung phone.

The Aldi is great for detecting around metal seats, does not detect far enough for the seats to interfere.

hey sam
what model are u using again? and do u have the link whwere u got urs?

Silver_Fox....... you are a ba$tard...... lol

Because of your post above linking to e-bay, I just spent a crap load.... :|

On the up side... I now have coming in the post a 50x-500x usb microscope (with 8 led's). A 30x jewelers loope (led), 20g-0.001g digital scales, a diamond tester and other stuff I can't even remember rite now...lol

It's addictive I tell you... :rolleyes: and I told my wife it was all your fault Silver_Fox ;)

cheers for the link :)

I better go hide... when my wifey is angry, my son and I run for the hills! lol

Good work Goldagettin :p

Goldagettin said:
Silver_Fox....... you are a ba$tard...... lol

Because of your post above linking to e-bay, I just spent a crap load.... :|

On the up side... I now have coming in the post a 50x-500x usb microscope (with 8 led's). A 30x jewelers loope (led), 20g-0.001g digital scales, a diamond tester and other stuff I can't even remember rite now...lol

It's addictive I tell you... :rolleyes: and I told my wife it was all your fault Silver_Fox ;)

cheers for the link :)

Got to love the feeling when you pull a ring from the ground, the ol aldi is doing an admiral job considering the initial outlay for the detector, well done. :)

Horse said:
nice find...gotta get me one of those dang pinpointers
yeah get the garrett pro pin pointer to save ya time, learn from my mistake getting those cheaper ones like $30-$60 doesnt work unless you're touching the target lol

Latest posts