Omeo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta niece up on high forest rd... At Omeo, gonna head down there in spring... brrr!... too cold just now for this little coastal duck!...she says they have had three dumps of snow there already this season! :cool:

limpalot said:
Always Mitta this time of year. Even go the Glen and not the Knocker at this time of year.
Yeah Ive only done the knocker once. It certainly saved some time but there was still snow in patches even in late september Would have been a nice drive except we were in a hurry to be somewhere. Went down into the Wombat creek PO for a look over easter. Id like to spend a couple of days poking around in there.

Don't you ever get stuck with snow coming over the highway near Mt Wills from Mitta? I have had heavy snow there in February at times.

Hi Goldierocks, you can get heavy snow over night, they have a grader shedded there are grade each day if necessary. I have been through from Albury early and gone through 6" of snow on the top. Meet the grader at the shed; he had just graded up from the old pub site at Glen Wills, wondered where the hell we came from.

limpalot said:
Hi Jethro, It is a great area up there, good colour and great camping spots, bloody cold this time of year.
Bloody cold anywhere in the N,east bush at this time of year. The track down into Wombat creek was rough as old bags and steep in places but easily negotiated in the dry. It would be a different story with a few mils of rain on it though. We also had a look at the Merrimac creek that day. What colour I got was very fine. and the water was bloody cold even at easter. :argh:

Latest posts