Old Miners Ring

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey bulwinkle nice find. can you id any of the hallmarks in relation to the maker. or if you can get a quality shot of the hallmarks send them to me or post them and I will see if I can offer any clues. cheers and well done. b.t.w. what machine you using.

Yes it is a bit of a shame that it isn't gold but still a brilliant find and maybe still museum quality.

It is pretty easy to imagine the owner slogging it out with a heart full of hope.

Super super nice find :p

Thanks markgoldhunter, the hallmarks include the number 15 the 2nd stamp is inelligible and then there is the letters T H in seperate squares. I assume the latter is the maker.

I will take a closer pic & send them through tomorrow.

I was using a gpx5000 with a 15 Nugget Finder Coils. It was an area away from diggings, that l been working for a couple of months.

Best regards Bullwinkle.

These brass cygnet rings were often made in Birmingham, England, so if that's the case it should have an anchor stamped on it from which you might be able to date it.

It`s finds like this and the unusual belt buckles and coins that pokes the fire in the belly a bit more to go out and try to unearth these treasures.

Well done BullWinkle.

FOZ

Thanks mate, I agree. I love finding gold, but would love to know the human stories behind any artefact that we find in the goldfields.

Latest posts