Old house site

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G,day all, Just returned home from doing an old house site, Had permission from the owner who said he would turn up later ! House was demolished by hand and the block was unmollested by machinery .The house was dated pre 1930 ,the going was easy to say the least, although the the block had been idle for 20 or so years it was still evident where thing had been ,after searching for an hour with no results ,1 nail ,1 lead washer, 1 lead sinker, NO TREASURE !! The owner and a neighbor turned up and informed Me that no one had ever lived in the house ! Well Ya neva know if Ya don't try !! Anyway the hours spent in the outdoors was well worth it !

Regards L/R

Bad luck, don't give up on old house sites. I've got a couple I'm suppose to go and have a look at, one was apparently burnt down, the person living there had a small collection of jewelry and coins but the person who told me about it thinks that it wasn't all recovered, be worth having a look. :) Mick

On past trips the ones like this that look the real deal sometimes turn out duds .But It's a hobby and it's All Good,,, Wouldn't be dead 4 Quids !!!!!

Regards L/R

Latest posts