Old house dig.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had a great day yesterday. A
1493802297_20170502_195939.jpg
thimble in almost perfect condition was the find of the day.
1493802201_20170502_195454.jpg
1493802375_20170502_200107.jpg

Well done on an excellent hunt, those coins are in great condition - you must have pretty friendly soil in your area. Is the thimble silver plate or sterling silver, if silver there should be some hallmarks on the bottom rim. :Y:

numpty said:
they look like someone has taken the projectile off them and folded the ends and put a hole for a fuse?
I think they used to do as i did as a kid growing up on the farm nothing to do i used to call them spinners the hole was for the gas to expand out the hole after i threw them in the fire like a cheap version of a fire cracker lol well that's what i used to do with them haha ]:D ]:D ]:D

Ivo said:
numpty said:
they look like someone has taken the projectile off them and folded the ends and put a hole for a fuse?
I think they used to do as i did as a kid growing up on the farm nothing to do i used to call them spinners the hole was for the gas to expand out the hole after i threw them in the fire like a cheap version of a fire cracker lol well that's what i used to do with them haha ]:D ]:D ]:D
We used to just chuck a whole box of 22s in the fire and hide behind a tree...was only 8 in those days :Y: :eek:

Smoky bandit said:
Ivo said:
numpty said:
We used to just chuck a whole box of 22s in the fire and hide behind a tree...was only 8 in those days :Y: :eek:

What could possibly go wrong ? ..... right ?
:lol:

Cool finds, trick for the photos is to rotate the coin(or artifact) 90 degree's clockwise for the photo shoot Tony. ;) ;)

Internment camp token. Very sought after and rare. Well done as these are worth a bit and rare.

The token is a beauty, seen one from the local internment camps down here, and as Dutchy mentioned they are like hens teeth, well done. :)

Latest posts