Ok Hows THAT for a sunbaker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Nice nugg!!! Very pretty
I see your 5ounce specie and raise you to 900gram specie with 12ounces of gold 😆"

You are well in the double digit club🥳 .... Here one of my large specimens
Over 3.5 Kilos on the bathroom scale :D (112 ounces) yielded about 17 ounces of gold.
I knew it had more gold than showed, because it was heavy than normal. I dollied it and melted the the gold.

Picture 3.5+.jpg

This is the result.

p1012011.JPG

Craig, I forgot to say you have also made the Gold pound club with that one. I see you are in my old stumping ground (Leonora) Getting back to sun bakers I have included a post from Feb 2020 that I posted on another Forum, the location is within the the 30 Km of Leonora.

This spread was south of a large reef area and digging hole sloping down to the north. The area in the circle is sloping southwards. About 40 nuggets were found and about half were sitting in the sun having a tan. Most were about 2 or 3 grams in weight. At the bottom of the slope about 400 metres south I got a quarter ounce (8 gm) fairly deep. If I get back that way I know that there is a good prospect for a week or two in untouched ground.
I guess everyone want to keep their runs of nuggets to themselves. By the way I will be unable to post anything till the end of February.
I forgot to say the circle is 300 mt across.

SpeckingSpot.JPG.cdf8612cf41ba8f8ea011eff6123e762.JPG
Link to post is ..... Nugget spread .....

Craig, I forgot to say you have also made the Gold pound club with that one. I see you are in my old stumping ground (Leonora) Getting back to sun bakers I have included a post from Feb 2020 that I posted on another Forum, the location is within the the 30 Km of Leonora.

This spread was south of a large reef area and digging hole sloping down to the north. The area in the circle is sloping southwards. About 40 nuggets were found and about half were sitting in the sun having a tan. Most were about 2 or 3 grams in weight. At the bottom of the slope about 400 metres south I got a quarter ounce (8 gm) fairly deep. If I get back that way I know that there is a good prospect for a week or two in untouched ground.
I guess everyone want to keep their runs of nuggets to themselves. By the way I will be unable to post anything till the end of February.
I forgot to say the circle is 300 mt across.

SpeckingSpot.JPG.cdf8612cf41ba8f8ea011eff6123e762.JPG
Link to post is ..... Nugget spread .....
Are you talking north of Leonora...??? White well area??

Up until a few years ago we always did well around Leonora. We found gold on old patches and found many new patches, none had anything bigger than an ounce or two but a great many little bits.
But our best country was north of Laverton. We visited the area with another couple and didn't do too well. A week later and a couple of hundred km south our friends left to back to work. I asked my wife, Cheryl, where she would like to go. Back up from Laverton, was the answer. I was a bit surprised but you know how it is, a happy wife a happy life so back we went. We spent a month camped on one spot and found gold in every direction, many new patches and some good gold off some old scrapes etc. We returned there several time over the next few years with better detectors as they became available and always found more gold and more new patches.
Unfortunately our golden days in the Golden West are now over but until the day we die we will remember those halcyon days where the gold was easy to find and camping out on the gold was our greatest pleasure.

Latest posts