Nundle trip and my brother qualifies as a prospector!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Me and my brother went up to nundle for a pan today. I have been taking him along and teaching him how to read the creek. He did really well today and found his biggest piece yet. Big enough to pick up comfortably and pass it around. So well done mate I'm proud of ya.

1379937186_image.jpg

this was the gold I found. Pretty good for 2 hours work, I'll try post some better picks tomoz along with my brothers gold. :)

Headsup; I normally stick to areas I know I'm allowed in but pretty much you can go up any creek as far as you like as long as you stay pretty much one foot in the water. Always better to ask the property owners tho. Going up under hanging rock always gives decent gold.

Teemore; cheers mate , it was great to see my brother finding it on his own, only thing is he did better than I did today! Hhahahahah lucky bugger! :)

Cheers ramjet. It's my favourite place for gold. You should give it a go one time. :) nice little village and the pub has the best garlic bread in Australia. Great meals too

thanks mate

i didnt get up there before but plan to do it slowly and hopefully crack a chat with a few property owners , all they can do is say no but i think its a process that just has to be done slowly and thoughtfully

the locals have a different pace of life to city folk like me and i know it can irritate them if people just try to barge in like its the boxing day sales at Myers

slowly and respekfully ( from the Ali G book of prospecting )

good luck out there mate , feels like you already have a winner mindset

Well done Jadenflair, that's impressive for two hours work.

I've seen similar gold pulled from the Peel but it took a lot longer than 2 hours to get it. Thanks for restoring a little hope for us Nundle guys (not to be confused with Nundle Guy :lol:), I was starting to think the gold had all dried up.

Where you panning or sluicing?

Hey Nugget. Yeah there is still plenty of gold left at nundle and I was more up in the mountains then down the peel. The peel has been hit pretty hard but it does come good after a good couple of storms. When oakenville creek runs behind the woollen mill you can expect to find some better stuff. Me and my brother were just panning the other day, but I wish I had taken my sluice. I got talking to a detectorist and he said he had been finding a few bits but only small tho. It's really heavily up there so it does play havoc with the detector.

I love nundle and only just yesterday went back to my gully in the hills
to crevice a little and was rewarded with a small rough nugget.
So calming to be amougest the rocks with a trickle of water after shopping
in town, magic area for sure.

Latest posts