Nundle Stones.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been in hiding lately but here are some stones I found over the last few months at Nundle.

1401846302_gem.jpg

Not sure what the middle one is.. Probably just some Quartz tho it does look a lot different then all the Quartz I seen. One of the flat side is kinda clear not cloudy. But all I have to take pictures is my IPhone and shocking skills.

Here is another photo of the middle one:
1401846400_fh8.jpg

Cheers!

the blue one stands out nice stone the middle one should be a good cutter what ever it turns out to be well done mate ;)

Nice stones... That is probably topaz most likely .. I think the clear side your refering to is cleavage where it has broken off . You can just tap topaz in the right spot , when you see the line in the stone, and will come apart easily .or could be zircon , hard to see...

Hi Daniel.

They'd need to be tested to be certain. They have the look of topaz to me - but the bottom one is also a bit reminiscent of Hartz range zircon, with that very faint mauve tone. You never know what can turn up where.

Hi Daniel, Desmond here we meet last year at Nundle!
How's the dry blower?
I'm getting ready to go out hunting again for pretty stones, looking forward to
Free camping.
Digging holes.
Etc.
Nice stones BTW.

Latest posts