Nundle NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GaryO said:
Fair enough. . But I wasnt asking exactly where. Not sure how u misread it to mean otherwise ?
Edit ... sorry I misread or misinterpreted your reply.. so sorry I didnt realise you meant the fishing.

If u are familiar with the van park .. looking at the river follow it to the left and if things havnt changed the water will drop of into a deeper hole/pool , the last time I was there that area was loaded with Estuary Perch ( well what I believe they were :) ) I didnt fish for them but seen them while working under water there.
All good mate, we went to the public access area Chaffey Dam side of the camping reserve, on the Peel. Crevice in places that had previously been worked. We have our rods so will hv a flick ;)

I usually have a flick stick living in the back of the car except the days it would have been handy lol. Back on the gold there was a spot called the Pumkin Patch just down from the van park that use to give good color.

penfooey said:
bazza2210 said:
harro said:
Penfooey and I are here at Nundle for a short visit and had a panning session this morning....nice little picker! Plenty of black sand too. We tried detecting but so far no joy. Will give it another bash though. Saw a black snake baking on the rocks next to the water. A timely reminder to keep an eye out. We've seen 3 at Bingara and now this one. They usually are ok if you don't scare em or annoy em. We do wear our gaiters but didn't today as we were in the water a bit. Now sitting at Nundle Pub having a couple of coldies.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...1764/1414557970_nundle_gold_004-optimized.jpg :p

Nice!!

btw are you guys going to come to Oallen 22/23 November.

Cheers

Barry
Well we r heading that way. Couple of places to stop at on the way. Want to go back to Tuena before Chrissy too. You might want to join us again, would be good to catch up again. You going to Oallen? Regards Harro

Sure am, wouldn't miss this outing :p

Has anyone been to Nundle lately detecting for gold and had any success. Also does anyone know where the Chinese cemetery is at Hanging Rock,I went out there a few months ago and couldn't find it. Thankyou

Hi p924 i am new to this forum i went to nundle last year good spot a t help you with the cemetery but you can get zome gold in the creek that runs through the carravan park intownhope this helped a little cheers

Heatho, There is a track past the cemetery that leads into the pine forests where they get g. nuggets. Went to Nundle today ,asked around no one seems to know.

U will be hard pressed finding someone in Nundle pointing you to the gold. If you detect in the surrounds around where the crystals come from you have half a chance.

Going with the family to nundle over the long weekend. Have a troop carrier so hoping someone can point me into the direction of some good panning grounds please. Cheers guys

Ok,heading up to nundle in a couple of weeks with the 5000 ,have been doing some research trying to get maps and areas to try, would anyone know of some places .Apparently the fossicking area is loaded with lots of old rubbish is this true ,Can you access below the hanging rock area by car .Basically any info would be great as this will be my first trip up there ..cheers all

pablo

I have been there once and there are some good looking areas there.
I think to get below the lookout you would have to hike from the western side. (don't quote me)
It is very windy and steep looking out from the lookout.

When you turn off Barry Road onto Lookout road (dirt track) there are a couple of old creeks on the right running down the hill that look good.
There is quite a bit of quartz and some old diggingsd there.

I didn't go to the northern end of town - I think it is called Bowling Alley point and I think that is where the fossicking grounds are.

Depending when you go and if you want company i would be interested.
Some of the other guys here have a lot of knowledge of the area and have posted quite a bit on the forum.
If you google Nundle gold the links should show up.

I am at Gosford on central Coast.
Neil

Today myself and a detecting buddy went up to Nundle and hanging Rock looking for gold. we didn't bother trying at hanging rock, we ended up trying near the Chinese cemetery I found my first horse shoe there and a mynor cordial bottle. These were made between 1930-1942 very nice looking bottle.

So Craig and I ended up at Bowling Alley point, well there were signs every where about a protected species being found there you could not disturb any rocks

and it was also had signs about being private property. So we couldn't gain access anywhere at all on bowling alley point, it looks like the Nundle guy has finally got

his way. The water up there was fairly scarce in the River. Has anybody else had any luck gaining access to bowling alley point?

cheers Rob

There are a few access points along the road near here (-31.3961791,151.1399819)
We have driven down there and along the creek with a 4x4 about a 18 months ago but not sure if it has been closed off or it is still accessible. We panned along the creek and found some flour gold a friend who took us there, had found pickers.

Thanks nucopia, the track your talking about was closed off about 50m in off the road, and a couple of people had set up camp there when I was there on Thursday, I went a little bit further west, just off the lookout road, probably the head of Morgans Gully, looked promising but only found shell casings, nails and tacks and also tried the other side in the forest about 500m west of the cemetery more nails, ran out of time and back home now, but planning on get back there soon and give it another go.

Blatto said:
Thanks nucopia, the track your talking about was closed off about 50m in off the road, and a couple of people had set up camp there when I was there on Thursday, I went a little bit further west, just off the lookout road, probably the head of Morgans Gully, looked promising but only found shell casings, nails and tacks and also tried the other side in the forest about 500m west of the cemetery more nails, ran out of time and back home now, but planning on get back there soon and give it another go.
The track I posted here was down near Bowling Ally point along the Peal River (River Rd) access to the river was open and accessible.

1526702404_95478366-fc8a-4e69-87de-979ad066e997.jpg

I posted about Morgans gully in another thread, its a place you need a 4x4 to access but it is worth the look.
My mrs panned some sub gram pickers up in the gully last time we went up there. Water is the only problem, but there was a small amount if you know where to look. We found some in a flooded shaft to pan with.
The track to Morgans gully is in the centre of the picture in the cleared area and runs for a good way into the bush.

1526702757_561cd684-d1d3-472a-9d7b-70c210ed86f5.jpg

Sorry about that watching both threads on the iPhone and replied to the wrong one

Blatto said:
Sorry about that watching both threads on the iPhone and replied to the wrong one
:D all good Blatto
The mrs and I are thinking we might head out to Nundle next weekend if we can get away..
I hope the track into Morgans Gully is not closed but if it is there are a few other places to access the general area..
When we used to go there was a guy they called the viking or something like that , he had staked out a part of a small gully near were it crossed the track and he was just stock piling his dirt waiting for rain..he had a hugh mound of dirt banked up too .. we used to drive past him to get to where we were panning in the the same gully but about 80 metres above him.
:Y:

Latest posts